Business Development Manager
- New York, NY
Compass is streamlining the home buying and selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology and personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 18,000 of the country’s top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell, and rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, and have grown to over 2,500 employees in the last 2 years.
Compass is simplifying and digitizing how our customers transact across all real estate activities in the 360 transactions of buying and selling a home. This revenue-generating role will pioneer how Compass strategically partners with the best-in-market vendors within the Home Services space for our customers and their clients.
Similar to an enterprise sales role, you will be responsible for end-to-end partnership logic, prioritization, and selection (to be measured against a prioritization matrix), the sizing and structuring of partnership terms, partner service level agreement creation and implementation, complex contract negotiation, and closing partners ready for onboarding.
- Evaluate partnership opportunities based on Compass-collected data and industry data pertaining to market dynamics, demand, expected profitability, and strategic value
- Build relationships in the home services sphere, and help branding Compass’ ecosystem the go-to platform for vendors, agents, and agents’ clients when buying, selling, or renovating a home
- Solicit potential vendors and manage sales presentations, negotiations, and contract execution
- Develop deep insight into vendor and agent needs and translate that into actionable growth opportunities and customer success tactics
- Gather key data insights to inform how we measure and drive customer success
- Provide key research and analysis both pre and post initiatives to determine long-term growth, sustainability, and scalability of partnerships
- Carry and maintain a sales-quota which will be quantified against partnership profitability
- Financially model partnership revenue opportunities against sales strategy
- Provide weekly reports, trends, and insights to the Growth team
- B.A. or B.S. with 3+ years of relevant experience in sales, business development, and/or strategic partnerships
- Fluent across Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and CRMs (Salesforce)
- Basic understanding of the real estate market and marketplace technologies
- Strong prospecting and closing capabilities; you are hungry for the win and thrive in a fast-paced, autonomous sales environment
- Comprehensive organizational and analytical skills; you can interpret data to determine partner insights, trends, and performance which translates into actionable acquisition strategy
- Self-starter attitude; you are solutions driven and have the ability to exercise judgment without direct supervision
- Exercises initiative; gets things done quickly and effectively
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively lead partner meetings and presentations, gaining unilateral buy-in with partners and internal stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills; you have a glass-half-full mentality, are persistent, and can communicate with multidisciplinary stakeholders
- Highly organized; you create operational efficiencies that support your sales strategy allowing you to execute at a high performing pace
- Advanced prioritization skills; ability to multi-task and handle conflicting deadlines simultaneously
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top