Associate Manager, Operational Finance
- Philadelphia, PA
Compass is streamlining the home buying and selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology and personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 15,000 of the country’s top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell and rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, and have grown to over 2,500 employees in the last 2 years.
We are looking for a dynamic, energetic and driven Associate Manager for our Operational Finance team. You will lead a customer-facing role in managing and supporting a team of Commission Specialists, who are responsible for the accuracy and timely completion of all commission payment processing on closed real estate transactions. You will play a critical role in the day-to-day operations of the company, interacting daily with agents and the Finance and Accounting team.
At Compass You Will:
- Manage and retain the Commission Specialist team in Philadelphia (Center City), and develop a best in class functional area supporting our team of agents
- Design and implement processes and procedures to meet the needs of the rapidly growing business
- Ensure all aspects of the commissions process are carried out according to regional payment specifications and in accordance with contract payment terms. This includes handling agent issues and requests, closing transactions within Compass’ systems, and issuing commission payments.
- Prioritize and deliver outstanding customer service, promptly responding and resolving a wide range of agent issues.
- Communicate effectively with agents and key stakeholders, while maintaining a constant orientation towards quality customer service
- Lead a client-facing function and provide best in class customer support by promptly responding to requests from agents with a sense of urgency and problem solving attitude
- Resolve complex issue cases as they arise, liaising with agents and leveraging the support of team members to be solutions-driven in an accurate and timely manner
- Process contracts and closed transactions using a real estate transaction system
- Assist with the streamlining our system architecture, and work with Operational Finance managers to improve and execute on operational enhancements in support of departmental KPIs
- Ensure all commission calculations are correct, compliant and within Compass policy
- Request stop payments on agent commission checks; process corrections and adjustments as needed
- Provide support to the Regional President in response to inquiries regarding commission payouts, deductions, and commission calculations
Skills and Qualifications:
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- System experience and ability to work within multiple systems - Google Suite, Microsoft Excel, NetSuite, Salesforce
- 5+ years of management experience, in an accounting or payroll function, commissions or sales environment preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Confident customer service instincts and ability to communicate confidently and articulately with a positive outlook
- Ability and desire to roll up sleeves and be hands-on in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Deadline driven and prioritize urgent tasks while maintaining composure
- Impeccable attention to detail, organization and problem-solving skills
- Positive, cooperative attitude
- Experience in real estate industry and SkySlope a plus
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top