As an Associate Counsel at Compass, you work on exciting legal matters as technological innovations in real estate require unique and proactive legal guidance. You're part of a group of in-house lawyers and the projects you work on challenge you to think creatively and constructively. You are energetic and collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of Compass’ business and work with employees and agents across the company. Your contributions will be impactful, value driven and you will play an instrumental role in the Compass Legal Department.
At Compass You Will:
- Review, draft and manage listing, development, service and independent-contractor agreements as well as a wide range of other routine and mission-critical contracts
- Manage agreements to ensure compliance with Compass policies and risk tolerance
- Respond promptly to legal requests from Sales, Product, Business Development, Marketing and other Compass departments, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that business people can use
- Advise agents and employees on legal issues and risks, approval processes, Compass policies and procedures and business strategy
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes
- Assist with Compass’s national expansion efforts, including advising on compliance and licensing requirements
What We Look For:
- JD degree from an exceptional law school
- 1-2+ years of experience at a top-tier law firm or corporation in contract law
- Active and in good standing in the New York State Bar
- Extensive background in drafting contracts
- Detail-oriented and accurate
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure in a dynamic, fluid environment
- Superior English communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and take 100% ownership of projects
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
See Inside the Office of Compass
Started in 2013, Compass began with the mission to simplify the process of buying, selling, or renting a home. Co-founders Robert Reffkin and Ori Allon set out to revolutionize real estate through a simple, technology-powered platform that was transparent and efficient for every single user. After revolutionizing the New York market, Compass expanded to D.C., Maryland, and Virginia—and has plans to continue expanding nationwide.
Back to top