Agent Finance Customer Support Specialist - New York City
- New York, NY
Compass, headquartered in NYC, is building the most advanced real estate technology in the world. Founded in 2012, Compass operates in 20 markets across the country with over 8,000 real estate agents nationwide. With support from top investors such as Softbank, Fidelity, Wellington, and IVP, Compass is experiencing hyper-growth and helping everyone find their place in the world.
We are looking for an Agent Finance Lead to join our rapidly expanding Accounting & Finance team. You will lead a client-facing role in managing and supporting the daily operations of the Agent Finance team and assume responsibility for reconciling and processing transactions for sales and rental real estate closings, as well as ensure the accurate and timely completion of all sales-related contract and commissions processing.
At Compass You Will:
- Ensure all aspects of the commissions process are carried out according to regional payment specifications and in accordance with contract payment terms. This includes handling agent issues and requests, closing transactions within Compass’ transaction management system, and issuing commission payments.
- Prioritize and deliver outstanding customer service, promptly responding and resolving a wide range of agent issues
- Communicate effectively with agents and key stakeholders, while maintaining a constant orientation towards quality customer service
- Lead a client-facing function and provide best in class customer support by promptly responding to requests from agents with a sense of urgency and problem solving attitude
- Resolve complex issue cases as they arise, liaising with agents and leveraging the support of team members to be solutions-driven in an accurate and timely manner
- Process contracts and closed transactions using a real estate transaction system
- Generate prompt and compelling sales and production reports to distribute to regional sales managers
- Assist with the implementation of a centralized real estate transaction system across all markets, and work with Operational Finance managers to improve and execute on operational enhancements in support of departmental KPIs
- Ensure all commission calculations are correct, compliant and within Compass policy
- Request stop payments on agent commission checks; process corrections and adjustments as needed
- Provide support to regional General Manager in response to inquiries regarding commission payouts, deductions, and commission calculations
What We Look For
- BA or BS degree
- 5+ years of experience, in an accounting or payroll function, commissions or sales environment preferred
- Strong customer service instincts and ability to communicate confidently and articulately with a positive outlook
- Ability and desire to roll up sleeves and be hands-on in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize urgent tasks while maintaining composure
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce a plus
- Strong quantitative skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Positive, cooperative attitude
- Experience in real estate industry a plus
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top