Are you passionate about building great brands? Are you seeking a career that allows you to develop in one of the world’s fastest growing companies? And to have tremendous impact on that growth? Compass is looking for high energy, driven professionals with sound business acumen, strong technical aptitude and natural relationship building instincts to join our newly founded Acqui-hire team. Through our acqui-hire strategy we will be hiring/acquiring established teams of technical talent from across the tech industry.
The Acqui-hire team is charged with fueling our Engineering and Product organization’s growth through strategic acquisitions of top talent, allowing us to execute on our roadmap faster than we previously thought possible. You will be involved in spreading awareness for this strategy in the VC, accelerator, and broader tech communities. You will also be responsible for researching prospective companies and reaching out to them. You will be a driving force behind the expansion of our technical teams by blending your unique skill-set of research, relationship building, M&A, deal structuring and closing. This is an incredible greenfield opportunity to help build an entirely new team within Compass.
You are a creative, passionate, and self-driven team player, eager to advance through a clearly defined learning and earning path. Compass offers a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be provided the tools, resources and outstanding leadership to learn and take your career to the next level!
At Compass You Will:
- Prospect, identify and initiate conversations with prospective partners that fit the technical, performance, and value expectations of Compass
- Assist with talent assessment strategy once a prospective partner has been identified
- Assist with structuring and negotiating compensation packages, and broader deal terms internally and externally
- Assist in developing and iterating upon seamless integration plans for new technical talent joining the team
- Work cross collaboratively with the Compass legal, finance, recruiting and executive teams
What We're Looking For:
- Self-starter with track record of excellence across strategic, operational, and detail-demanding functional responsibilities
- Previous experience in deal-making and relationship building
- Prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to operate, exercise judgment, and solve difficult problems without direct supervision
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Competitive and motivated mindset
- Articulate in both verbal and written communication
- Ability to effectively lead client meetings and presentations
- Highly organized; ability to multi-task and handle multiple deadlines simultaneously
- High energy and positive attitude
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ year of experience
- Experience in M&A, VC, Finance, Sales a plus
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top