Accounts Payable Specialist
- New York, NY
Compass is streamlining the home buying and selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology and personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 15,000 of the country’s top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell and rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, and have grown to over 2,500 employees in the last 2 years.
As an Accounts Payable Specialist, you will be an integral member of the growing Accounting & Finance team and will assume full ownership of the accounts payable processes across each of our offices. Working closely with members of the team, as well as department managers, agents, and numerous outside vendors, you will develop and implement payment systems that will help ensure the accuracy and completeness of our records and contribute to smooth financial operations. You will play a critical role in the day-to-day operations of the company and help maintain relationships with outside vendors.
At Compass You Will
- Process all invoices across the company, and ensure all proper approvals have been received
- Communicate with vendors and resolve account discrepancies by investigating documentation and determining appropriate adjustments
- Collaborate across departments to manage vendor relationships, account classification and financial reporting
- Manage invoice payments by verifying transaction information and balance status, obtaining payment authorization, and scheduling and preparing disbursements
- Manage the AP aging on a weekly basis and as part of the month end close process
- Assist in maintaining financial records and generate reports to help in departmental financial planning and budget process
- Assist in the preparation of 1099 reporting for all vendors
- Assist with additional areas of accounting and ad hoc requests such as managing the collection of outstanding receivables and communication with customers regarding payment status
- Develop and execute strategies for streamlining Accounts Payable processes
What We're Looking For
- BA or BS degree (Business Administration or Accounting Preferred) with strong academic record
- Proficient in Excel; Experience with NetSuite preferred
- Strong quantitative skills, familiarity with basic bookkeeping and accounting concepts
- Strong communication and organizational skills, and impeccable attention to detail
- Self-starter, positive attitude, and ability to problem-solve with minimal supervision
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community of different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top