Compa is a new way to create offers with software. Our data science engine scales compensation analysis so that every decision is data-driven. Data-driven decisions help us make better human decisions. Our tools are designed to make compensation easy to understand and communicate so offer decisions are consistently fast and accountable.
Creating offers should be simple, unbiased, and designed to win. Compa makes this possible, and opens up incredible new ways to understand and manage compensation outcomes at scale.
About the role
Compa is looking for both junior and mid-level engineers to join our team. We're looking for engineers that want to code, grow, and have an impact on the world:
- Own the development of features end-to-end.
- Work on Compa's React frontend and Django backend.
- Coding is a team sport at Compa - we work together to build the best features and scalable systems.
- We want you on our team for the long-haul - that means we're invested in helping you build the career you want.
- Our founding engineering team is passionate about helping engineers grow to their full potential - and has a track record of doing so at Facebook and Oculus.
- Compa is a safe place to learn and to grow - we have a no blame culture. Human error is a consequence of complex systems, not bad people. When mistakes happen, we work together to make our systems more resilient, not hunt for blame.
- We're applying technology to build scalable solutions to one of society's toughest challenges - making compensation more transparent, fair, and equitable.
- Pay is deeply personal and affects everyone who works for a living. At Compa you'll be part of a small team on the frontier of making compensation better for everyone.
- We're a VC-backed early-stage startup, you'll have the opportunity to influence matters of company culture, strategy, go-to-market, and fundraising.
- You want to make compensation more transparent, fair, and equitable.
- You are comfortable executing in highly ambiguous and constantly changing situations.
- You have a bias for action - transform ambiguity and uncertainty into concrete next steps.
- You are able to overcome obstacles to ship - done is better than perfect!
- You are a collaborative problem solver.
- You are looking to realize your potential by engaging with challenging problems, both technical and societal.
- Experience with React and/or Django
- Experience with HR systems (ATS, HCM)
- Experience with data privacy / security
- Experience with Machine Learning