CommonBond is building the leading values-driven, customer-centric financial services company and is looking for people who want to help our company grow. Our mission starts by tackling the broken student lending market and changing the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates for our borrowers, a state-of-the art technology platform, and high-touch customer service. Additionally, our 1-for-1 model is the first of its kind in financial services: for every degree fully funded on the CommonBond platform, we fund the education of a child in need for a full year through a partnership with Pencils of Promise. We are backed by great investors, have a killer team, and are growing rapidly!
We are looking for the next member to join our operations team as an Underwriting Analyst to ensure that our loans meet risk targets and program guidelines. This role is on the frontlines of how CommonBond delivers a different, and better, financial services experience. The Underwriting Analyst will play a role in shaping our credit review processes and will execute the analysis and review actions required to make our credit decisions. Excelling in this role will open doors for rapid growth within the operations team and throughout the company. If changing finance alongside an inspiring team of leaders excites you, then this is the role and the company for you.
In terms of your background, you may be a recent college graduate or you may have spent several years in the job market after graduating. You are meticulous and well organized, and you get along well with numbers. You are conscientious about doing what you say you will do and are committed to doing your part to help us all meet our collective goals. We all rely heavily on each other and will trust that you will deliver, just as you will trust your teammates here.
CommonBond is a fast-paced, exciting environment where new opportunities emerge every day. We can’t wait to meet you!
As Underwriting Analyst, you will:
- Work with risk, product, and operations teams to ensure that our credit approval processes and tools are set up to deliver on our business goals
- Execute the application approval process, including review and verification of applicant provided data and other data aggregated as part of the application process (e.g., credit bureau data)
- Ensure our originations processes are operating properly, from borrower communications to the timely delivery of required disclosures to accurate decisioning
- Collect, aggregate, and draw insights from information gathered during the application process and turn these insights into action plans with the risk, operations, and product teams
- Experience in underwriting and/or credit analysis is a big plus
- Strong computer skills. Experience with SQL is a plus
- Demonstrated strength in attention to detail
- An interest in credit origination processes is required
- Analytical – you love analyzing data and are extremely detail oriented
- Team player – you want to be relied upon and you understand how others make your goals achievable
- Sense of urgency – you want to “go, move, make things happen, and shake things up!”
- Nimble – able to handle changing tasks and priorities and adapt quickly
- Supreme ability to organize yourself and your tasks, and to manage your time
- Bachelor’s degree and an objectively strong academic record (if you have a great GPA, or great test scores – let us know)
Meet Some of CommonBond's Employees
Acquisition Marketing Analyst
Marco reports on business details to ramp up marketing efforts across the board. He helps the team get the most from its campaigns without breaking the bank.
Back to top