Technical Program Manager
CommonBond is building a values-driven, customer-centric financial services company. Our mission is to change the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates, a state-of-the art technology platform, and caring customer service. We also are the only financial services company with a 1-for-1 social program: For every loan funded, we fund the education of a child in the developing world. We are backed by great investors, have an awesome team, and are looking for our next great team member.
We are seeking a Technical Program Manager with entrepreneurial instincts, a strong sense of getting things done, and a desire to build something from the ground up in a collaborative environment. This person will have the opportunity to impact all levels of our technology and executive teams as well as the broader enterprise as we continue to successfully scale our venture.
Creating a robust tech-powered organization is essential to our success. This role will have ownership over building new horizontal capabilities such as marketing and web site tracking, email strategy, customer relationship management, data architecture, and infrastructure. You will be responsible for building tools, processes, and technology that meaningfully help your teammates, and ultimately support our incredible social mission.
- Own, lead and enhance an agile software development/project management process to align the business and technology components of our business, inclusive of goal setting, planning, and prioritization
- Lead executive reporting and communications for the technology organization
- Strong use of analytics, user research and business cases to drive decisions and improve products
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Own and manage the software development and release management process for all of our engineering teams and products
- Project manage ongoing IT projects and systems including:
- DevOps, QA, and Release pipelines
- Sales and marketing technology (CRM, email, sms and telemarketing…)
- Security and compliance technology
- Infrastructure including disaster recovery and availability planning
- 4+ years of project management experience required
- Minimum of 2 years of being a Scrum master required
- Minimum of 2 years JIRA expertise and reporting required
- 1 year of release coordination with devops, product, developers, QA and business stakeholders
- Strong interest in our mission and vision, core values, and opinions on the fundamentals that drive our industry
- Able to manage multiple priorities and be able to shift nimbly between them
- Positive attitude and desire to collaborate
- Free snacks and cold brew
- Generous benefits
- Free catered breakfast on Mondays and lunch on Fridays
- Collaborative working environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of CommonBond's Employees
CEO & Cofounder
David runs the CommonBond gamut, ensuring the team creates internal conditions and ideas that foster external success. He also helps launch new programs to build out the business.
Back to top