Software Engineer in Test
CommonBond is building the leading values-driven, customer-centric financial services company and is looking for people who want to help our company grow. Our mission starts by tackling the broken student lending market and changing the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates for our borrowers, a state-of-the art technology platform, and high-touch customer service. Additionally, our 1-for-1 model is the first of its kind in financial services: for every degree fully funded on the CommonBond platform, we fund the education of a child in need for a full year through a partnership with Pencils of Promise. We are backed by great investors, have a killer team, and are growing rapidly!
We are looking for a Software Engineer in Test to help build our testing infrastructure and developer tools. Your contributions will support our features and services along with our developers in writing and delivering high-quality, bug-free code. You have experience writing well-structured tests while encouraging other engineers to do the same. You can also set up and maintain a stable test infrastructure that executes scheduled and triggered builds reliably and efficiently without jeopardizing important fixes and new features. You have entrepreneurial instincts, a strong sense of product, and a desire to build something from the ground up. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to impact all levels of our technology development as well as the broader team as we grow.
- Develop test strategies
- Automate tests using test frameworks
- Write moderately complex code/scripts to test systems
- Create test harnesses and infrastructure as necessary
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of experience developing test automation in Java, or C++
- Currently spending 60% of time coding in Java
- Strong understanding of APIs and Web Services
- M.S. in Computer Science
- 6 years of relevant experience, including 3 years of industry experience
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux environments
- Deep knowledge of internet technologies
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of CommonBond's Employees
CEO & Cofounder
David runs the CommonBond gamut, ensuring the team creates internal conditions and ideas that foster external success. He also helps launch new programs to build out the business.
Back to top