Software Engineer (Front End)
CommonBond is building the leading values-driven, customer-centric financial services company and is looking for people who want to help our company grow. Our mission starts by tackling the broken student lending market and changing the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates for our borrowers, a state-of-the art technology platform, and high-touch customer service. Additionally, our 1-for-1 model is the first of its kind in financial services: for every degree fully funded on the CommonBond platform, we fund the education of a child in need for a full year through a partnership with Pencils of Promise. We are backed by great investors, have a killer team, and are growing rapidly!
Front End Engineers at CommonBond create fast, fluid and beautiful member facing websites and tools for our internal teams. We’re builders who work closely with the product team to transform mockups into cleanly written, efficient and maintainable code. We integrate with our backend and QA/Test engineers to iterate, drive product and release reliably and stably. We use the latest technologies--ES6, React, Sass. We constantly push ourselves to learn, with a deep enthusiasm for new developments in technologies and best practices to engineer for the user-facing web.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Command of cross browser intricacies when developing for the web and mobile web
- Firm grasp of computer science principles and design patterns
- Understanding of MVC concepts and experience with frameworks like React or Backbone
- Familiarity with Front End build tools and unit testing for frontend development
- Experience with backend technologies (Java, PostgreSQL and Redis) and cloud based technologies (AWS)
- Passion for technology and a desire to own a product’s development
- Reliable and collaborative personality
- Comfortable operating within an Agile development process
- Understanding of UX interaction and design aesthetic
- M.S. in Computer Science
- 6 years of relevant experience, including 3 years of industry experience
Meet Some of CommonBond's Employees
Acquisition Marketing Analyst
Marco reports on business details to ramp up marketing efforts across the board. He helps the team get the most from its campaigns without breaking the bank.
Back to top