Software Engineer (Back End)
CommonBond is building the leading values-driven, customer-centric financial services company and is looking for people who want to help our company grow. Our mission starts by tackling the broken student lending market and changing the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates for our borrowers, a state-of-the art technology platform, and high-touch customer service. Additionally, our 1-for-1 model is the first of its kind in financial services: for every degree fully funded on the CommonBond platform, we fund the education of a child in need for a full year through a partnership with Pencils of Promise. We are backed by great investors, have a killer team, and are growing rapidly!
Creating a technology-powered organization is essential to our success. We are seeking an experienced and innovative Software Engineer with entrepreneurial instincts and a desire to build something from the ground up. As a CommonBond Engineer, you will be joining a tight knit and passionate team of builders. You will take ownership of products and features from start to finish. You will build robust and service oriented server side solutions to our unique problems of scale, security and reliability while also supporting an incredible social mission. We heavily leverage open source technologies like Java, PostgreSQL and Redis and enjoy staying active in the open source community. As an engineer here, you'll have the freedom to implement your own solutions and have a meaningful impact on our product. We are looking for someone who is passionate about writing quality, elegant, and performant code.
- Collaborate in designing, architecting, building, testing, and maintaining world-class web application and data management software
- Work with product managers to build and improve our APIs in order to best support operations, finance, legal, business development and marketing functions
- Build a technical infrastructure capable of supporting a rapidly expanding organization in terms of employees and members
- Anticipate the user experience and contribute to the entire product development process, including spec development and automated QA
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years experience with Java, .NET, or other server side languages and the ability to learn quickly
- Deep understanding of databases, automated testing, Agile methodologies
- Self-motivated, passionate, and excited to own products from end to end
- Passionate about our mission to make students' lives easier and build the best software for marketplace lending
- Proficiency building and managing RESTful APIs
- Experience with infrastructure for complex cloud-based (AWS) software applications
- Knowledge of or prior experience with microservices architecture
- Ability to work in a complex environment and prioritize among competing demands
- Desire to collaborate with an extraordinary team and be part of true innovation
Meet Some of CommonBond's Employees
Acquisition Marketing Analyst
Marco reports on business details to ramp up marketing efforts across the board. He helps the team get the most from its campaigns without breaking the bank.
Back to top