CommonBond is building a values-driven, customer-centric financial services company. Our mission is to change the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates, a state-of-the art technology platform, and caring customer service. We also are the only financial services company with a 1-for-1 social program: For every loan funded, we fund the education of a child in the developing world. CommonBond has been named to the World's 50 Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, the 50 Best Places to Work by Inc., and the Forbes Fintech 50. We are backed by great investors, have an awesome team, and are looking for our next great team member.
CommonBond is dedicated to improving the financial lives of our customers by providing the best Student Loan products. CommonBond also has a social mission, partnering with Pencils of Promise to build schools in the third world. Join a team of engineers who are dedicated to an excellent customer experience, world class engineering and a better world.
We are looking for a full stack engineer to join our engineering team, building and supporting our core products. This person will have the opportunity to impact all levels of our technology development as well as the broader team as we grow. This is an opportunity for an engineer to learn, grow and mature while delivering great features.
As Software Engineer, you will:
- Quickly learn our existing tech stack and services
- Create features and provide technical support
- Collaborate in designing, architecting, building, testing, and maintaining world-class web application and data management software
- Anticipate the user experience and contribute to entire product development process, including spec development and QA
- 1 – 4 years of software development experience, preferably with Java (springboot) and/or React/Redux
- Go/Golang or Python experience a plus
- SQL experience a plus (PostgresQL)
- Extract, Transform & Load experience a plus (Python, looker)
- Strong theoretical background
- Experience working in database design and development, front-end development, and application-level business logic development
- Passionate about our mission to make students’ lives easier and disrupt finance in the process
- Ability to work in a complex environment and prioritize among competing demands
- Desire to collaborate with an extraordinary team and to be part of true innovation
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top