Senior Product Manager
- New York, NY
CommonBond is building a values-driven, customer-centric financial services company. Our mission is to change the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates, a state-of-the art technology platform, and caring customer service. We also are the only financial services company with a 1-for-1 social program: For every loan funded, we fund the education of a child in the developing world. CommonBond has been named to the World's 50 Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, the 50 Best Places to Work by Inc., and the Forbes Fintech 50. We are backed by great investors, have an awesome team, and are looking for our next great team member.
CommonBond is seeking a Senior Product Manager to lead the delivery of multiple lending products This is a highly collaborative role interfacing between engineering and key stakeholders throughout the company. Wild success for this role is to create the product features, enhancements, and optimizations that will drive significant revenue growth for CommonBond and help as many people struggling with Student Debt as possible.
- Drive product implementation working closely with engineering squads and engineering and design leadership
- Test and iterate on all aspects of the product experience
- Proactively identify patterns and insights from data to inform design and prioritization decisions
- Build domain knowledge and expertise around the market and competitive landscape to inform decisions
- Demonstrate strong creativity and scrappiness and handle constraints with grace
- Review, analyze, and manage existing processes and documentation, and generate new materials as needed
- Translate business requirements into detailed functional requirements for engineering team
- Create release notes, conduct status meetings and demonstrations to stakeholders, and review stakeholder input
- Assist in development and execution of user acceptance testing to validate system functionality
- Identify, document, and report bug cases and features in the issue/change tracking system
- Build and execute product backlog while addressing production support needs of the product
- Forecast impact of your products and then measure the performance of the features you release
- Support daily stand-ups, sprint planning and retrospectives and manage the end-to-end design / build / test / release process
- 4+ years of product management experience ideally in a transactional direct to consumer business
- Experience with technical development lifecycle activities and support of software systems
- Strong operational business understanding, ability to work with business owners to build requirements
- Demonstrated ability to understand, evaluate, and plan technical ideas and solutions
- Experience in data analytics and reporting
- Customer-centric: You possess great customer empathy. You aren’t shy about speaking with customers firsthand to understand how they’re experiencing your product and leveraging their feedback to drive your roadmap
- Technical Acumen: ability to translate consumers insights into product requirements and acceptance criteria, working closely with engineering teams to deliver great products
- Communication: Effective communicator that can tailor communication style to the audience (i.e. more technical for engineering team communications, higher level for executive team communications)
- Data-Driven: Demonstrated desire and ability to use data and analytics to measure impact of products and features and ultimately drive prioritization
- Collaborative: You take high ownership of your product but balance that with a collaborative nature knowing that great ideas for product exist across the organization (and outside it!)
- Strategic: You understand the competitive landscape and job to be done by the customer. You think about how your product fits in that landscape today and where it can fit in the future.
- Hungry: You are a self-starter who is very comfortable setting your own agenda and working in a culture of high ownership and high expectations. You have a passion for shipping product
- Strong desire to make personal finance more human and easier to manage.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top