Senior Marketing Manager, Student Loan Refinancing
CommonBond is building a values-driven, customer-centric financial services company. Our mission is to change the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates, a state-of-the art technology platform, and caring customer service. We also are the only financial services company with a 1-for-1 social program: For every loan funded, we fund the education of a child in the developing world. CommonBond has been named to the World's 50 Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, the 50 Best Places to Work by Inc., and the Forbes Fintech 50. We are backed by great investors, have an awesome team, and are looking for our next great team member.
We are looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to help rapidly scale marketing and customer growth for our student loan refinance business line. This role will report to the Director of Marketing for our refinance business line. You will have a high degree of responsibility and visibility to drive customer acquisition for one of our core business lines.
In this role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to drive meaningful results in a high visibility area of our business. We place high importance on customer growth, because we know that the more customers we acquire the more we can help people take control of their student loans and financial futures. We also know that the faster our customers grow the more impact we’re able to have funding educations for children in need through our 1-for-1 social promise.
In driving customer growth, you will have significant ownership, including:
- Developing new customer acquisition channels, leveraging your knowledge of our customer and how to communicate our product features in a compelling way.
- Owning our affiliate relationships and working with them to strategize and execute new ways to drive growth via the channel.
- Managing all direct response marketing initiatives, including Display, Social, Retargeting, SEM, SEO, direct mail, and other channels that you develop.
- Leveraging unpaid channels like PR, email, referrals, and others to drive customer growth. (We’re a nimble team, which means you’ll have the opportunity to write many of the emails yourself and measure the results).
- Identifying funnel optimization opportunities to increase conversion through the funnel. You’ll work with several teams (product, technology, operations, partnerships) to develop and implement growth initiatives within the funnel, and to help prioritize development roadmaps.
- Identifying and executing opportunities to increase awareness of CommonBond through brand building, in a way that drives customer acquisition growth.
- Identifying opportunities for product feature development and user experience enhancement that will drive customer growth.
You have a strong interest in driving growth and a track record of doing so. You’re also eager to work in a fast-paced startup environment and to drive (and be recognized for) significant impact on the most important company goals. The ideal candidate:
- 5+ years of experience driving customer growth (likely in a marketing role or as an entrepreneur). Preference is for experience driving customer growth on the consumer side.
- Exceptional data skills including forecasting, modeling, and interpretation of results. Proficiency in Excel is a must, and experience with more advanced modeling and visualization software is a plus.
- Experience with direct response digital channels and a drive / curiosity to develop new channels.
- A strong match for our culture: empathy for and connection with our customer while being focused, hardworking, and kind.
- Committed to getting better through testing and iteration: the ideal candidate is extremely curious, loves to learn through well executed tests, and is committed to finding better ways to achieve goals by going deeper into problems than others are willing or able to do.
- Roll-up-your-sleeves mentality – we’re a small team and everyone gets their hands dirty to get stuff done.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top