Senior Marketing Manager
CommonBond is building the leading values-driven, customer-centric financial services company and is looking for people who want to help our company grow. Our mission starts by tackling the broken student lending market and changing the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates for our borrowers, a state-of-the art technology platform, and high-touch customer service. Additionally, our 1-for-1 model is the first of its kind in financial services: for every degree fully funded on the CommonBond platform, we fund the education of a child in need through a partnership with Pencils of Promise. We are backed by great investors, have a killer team, and are growing rapidly!
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced Senior Marketing Manager to develop and execute CommonBond’s product marketing strategy across two of the company’s core products: student loan refinancing and CommonBond for BusinessTM, a suite of student loan benefits sold to enterprise clients.
This is an exciting opportunity for a marketer who wants to own the marketing strategy for technology products that tackle one of the biggest unmet needs Millennials face: mounting student debt.
Specific responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Define and execute strategy to increase awareness and consideration of CommonBond student loan refinancing with consumers and CommonBond for BusinessTM with employers
- Market student loan refinancing and CommonBond For BusinessTM through the creation of clear, focused marketing collateral including but not limited to email, one-pagers, brochures, postcards, web pages, booths at events/conferences
- Partner closely with our business development team to identify messages/tactics that resonate with potential CommonBond For BusinessTM clients
- Lead cross-functional efforts to concept and execute brand building activities that provide value for our customer base; past activities have included events, partnerships, and contests
- Establish key metrics to evaluate performance and ROI for all campaigns and tactics
- Collaborate with product management teams to identify key aspects of CommonBond for Business and student loan refinancing products that can be optimized to further delight customers
- 5+ years of professional marketing experience including at least one position focused on B2B marketing
- Experience creating B2B marketing strategies and materials to enable a sales team to meet their goals
- Strong independent project management skills: ability to multi-task, prioritize, and keep complicated projects moving forward
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Detail and results oriented; skilled at both planning and hands-on execution
- Roll-up-your-sleeves mentality – we’re a small team, everyone including our executive team gets their hands dirty to get stuff done
- Professional but not stuffy – we’re sharp and competent but also fun
- Nimble – able to handle changing tasks and priorities and adapt quickly
Meet Some of CommonBond's Employees
CEO & Cofounder
David runs the CommonBond gamut, ensuring the team creates internal conditions and ideas that foster external success. He also helps launch new programs to build out the business.
Back to top