CommonBond is building the leading values-driven, customer-centric financial services company and is looking for people who want to help our company grow. Our mission starts by tackling the broken student lending market and changing the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates for our borrowers, a state-of-the art technology platform, and high-touch customer service. Additionally, our 1-for-1 model is the first of its kind in financial services: for every degree fully funded on the CommonBond platform, we fund the education of a child in need for a full year through a partnership with Pencils of Promise. We are backed by great investors, have a killer team, and are growing rapidly!
We are looking for a Risk Analyst to implement underwriting and pricing models for various asset classes. The Risk Analyst’s day to day will consist of maintaining CommonBond’s underwriting model, implementing updates and policy changes, and designing, running, and evaluating performance tests on our underwriting process. In addition to supporting our underwriting platform, the Risk Analyst will run both periodic and unique credit metric evaluations on our borrower population. These responsibilities will require you to work closely with many teams across the business, particularly finance, development, and production.
As Risk Analyst, you will:
- Be the go to person for credit and pricing model construction, modification, and version control using proprietary credit platform
- Build test plans, create mock data and extensively test credit and pricing models to ensure they accurately reflect underwriting criteria and pricing strategy
- Maintain library of credit and pricing models and work closely with technology group for integration in originations/underwriting work-flow
- Create customer profiles & segmentation models from historical credit bureau data
- Create and run daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly reports on borrower application data for credit metrics such as forbearance, delinquencies, and defaults
- Create and run daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly conversion reports that track pricing changes
- Be curious, open to learn and adapt quickly to changing needs of the organization
- Team player – you will work with Product, Operations, and Technology to deliver
- Must have strong data modeling experience and or aptitude for using statistical software, such as SAS, R, or Python
- Extremely detail oriented and organized - supreme ability to organize yourself and your tasks, and to manage your time
- 1-2 years of experience working on credit bureau data and credit scoring models
- Bachelor’s degree and an objectively strong academic record (if you have a great GPA, or great test scores – let us know)
Meet Some of CommonBond's Employees
Acquisition Marketing Analyst
Marco reports on business details to ramp up marketing efforts across the board. He helps the team get the most from its campaigns without breaking the bank.
Back to top