In terms of your background, you may come from several different places. You may be an operations or program manager at a bank or a customer success leader at a fashion ecommerce company. The common thread is that you love people, you get along well with numbers, and you deliver. By deliver, we mean you are conscientious about doing what you say you will do and are committed to doing your part to help us all meet our collective goals. We all rely heavily on each other, and to be successful we will all trust that you will deliver, just as you will trust your teammates here.
CommonBond is a fast-paced, exciting environment where new opportunities emerge every day, The Operations and Customer Success Associate will be an early hire on a growing team at an innovative company that is on the cusp of scale. You will be a core reason the company scales. You will pick up on our relatively short, but powerful heritage of service and advocacy and you will take us to the next level.
As Operations and Customer Success Associate you will be the eyes, ears, voice, and soul of CommonBond’s connection to our borrower community. You will develop and execute both inbound and outbound communications strategies to ensure every student and graduate we touch has an incredible experience.
More specifically, you will:
- Support our customer success team, assist with our day-to-day operations, and participate in long-term planning
- Have an in-depth knowledge of our products and systems and be able to discuss all product features with applicants, members, and internal stakeholders
- Assist in managing our portfolio and maintaining our credit quality
- Improve and iterate on our operations and customer success processes
- Keep the team abreast of process changes; continually train and develop our front line customer service team
- Manage and problem-solve new and complex situations
- Collect, aggregate, and draw insights from information gathered during communication with borrowers and our team; turn these insights into action plans with the product, marketing, business development, risk, and compliance teams
- Help create and implement operational processes for new products and workflows
- Fantastic communication skills
- Professional but not stuffy – we’re sharp and competent but also fun
- Experience in financial services is great, but more important is your ability to learn fast
- Team player – you want to be relied upon and you understand how others make your goals achievable
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, basic internet skills, savvy enough to pick up new systems)
- Sense of urgency – you want to “go, move, make things happen, and shake things up!”
- Innate sense of service to those around you – you just like people
- Nimble – able to handle changing tasks and priorities and adapt quickly
- Supreme ability to organize yourself and your tasks, and manage your time
- 1-2 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree and an objectively strong academic record
- Ability to work full-time, standard office hours is a must
Meet Some of CommonBond's Employees
CEO & Cofounder
David runs the CommonBond gamut, ensuring the team creates internal conditions and ideas that foster external success. He also helps launch new programs to build out the business.
Back to top