Office Manager and Assistant to the CEO
CommonBond is building the leading values-driven, customer-centric financial services company and is looking for people who want to help our company grow. Our mission starts by tackling the broken student lending market and changing the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates for our borrowers, a state-of-the art technology platform, and high-touch customer service. Additionally, our 1-for-1 model is the first of its kind in financial services: for every degree fully funded on the CommonBond platform, we fund the education of a child in need for a full year through a partnership with Pencils of Promise. We are backed by great investors, have a killer team, and are growing rapidly!
We are looking for the newest addition to the CommonBond team who will be responsible for maintaining the fun, dynamic start-up environment in which everyone thrives. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and act as a friendly and warm front desk greeter. The individual must have strong organizational skills and be enthusiastic about solving problems around our office on a daily basis.
In terms of your background, you have experience both driving a PR strategy and executing on plans, with significant success in securing impactful stories in influential consumer publications. You likely have experience working with financial services brands and are passionate about the positive impact they can have in people’s lives. You ideally have deep experience working with executive spokespeople and a prior life at a high-growth company or experience in agency environment supporting high-growth companies. Key tasks the Communications Manager will take on include crafting and communicating company messages, writing product messages and press releases, and overseeing media relations and outreach.
We are a self-sufficient bunch here, but we need your help to get more efficient and get even more done each day. We will ask you to wear a lot of hats, find a way to get a lot done quickly and do it all with a great attitude. In return, we will promise you a driven, kind, fun team of co-workers and an opportunity to be part of a company at a really exciting stage. This role encompasses a number of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Managing our CEO/co-founder’s meeting schedule, travel, press interview schedule, and industry speaking engagements
- Greet people as they come off the elevator and arrive in the office
- Office management: supply ordering, food/snack ordering, cleaner scheduling, work with our super to ensure anything that breaks gets fixed
- Stock shelves with new snacks as we run low during the week
- Provide administrative and logistical support for team-wide meetings (including but not limited to remote technology set up, meeting ownership etc)
- On-board new hires (ensure they have a laptop setup, a welcome package, onboarding meetings scheduled as needed)
- Help efforts to continually improve our office décor and environment. As our company scales and we look to grow we want our office environment to be able to support growth and also attract top candidates. You will be a pivotal part of these efforts
- Generally, act as jack-of-all trades that no task is too small for.
- Expert multi-tasking – you’ll be juggling, multiple tasks every hour of every day. You will remain undaunted, organized and juggle these tasks without letting the ball drop. You will know how to ruthlessly prioritize your time.
- 2 + years of executive assistance experience.
- Professional communication skills – as a member of our organization’s front lines, you will be confident, well-spoken, outgoing, and professional.
- Roll-up-your-sleeves mentality – we’re a small team, everyone including our executive team, gets their hands dirty to get stuff done
- Professional but not stuffy – we’re sharp and competent but also fun
- Kind – you treat people the way you want to be treated
- Nimble – able to handle changing tasks and priorities and adapt quickly
- Bachelor’s degree and an objectively strong academic record
- Experience with basic IT support
Meet Some of CommonBond's Employees
Acquisition Marketing Analyst
Marco reports on business details to ramp up marketing efforts across the board. He helps the team get the most from its campaigns without breaking the bank.
Back to top