Information Security Engineer
CommonBond is building the leading values-driven, customer-centric financial services company and is looking for people who want to help our company grow. Our mission starts by tackling the broken student lending market and changing the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates for our borrowers, a state-of-the art technology platform, and high-touch customer service. Additionally, our 1-for-1 model is the first of its kind in financial services: for every degree fully funded on the CommonBond platform, we fund the education of a child in need for a full year through a partnership with Pencils of Promise. We are backed by great investors, have a killer team, and are growing rapidly!
You are excited to join the front lines of a passionate, ambitious Fintech team in the online lending space. You have at least three years of experience in the information security and IT field. You have a practical approach to getting things done and collaboration is your middle name; you work well in teams and are comfortable speaking about information security matters. You must be a self-starter, proactive master of all areas of IT and Information Security, and excel in independent work, but you are also looking to expand your information security and business skills alongside top-notch talent in a rapid-paced, highly dynamic environment.
- Performing IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of application programs
- Supporting company operating systems, databases or utilities software
- Implementing and maintaining the cybersecurity program
- Developing policies and procedures to ensure a secure environment and monitor the status of computers and networks
- Handling all cybersecurity incidents with proper escalation reporting to exec team
- Managing office hardware including printers, wifi, etc.
- Providing daily in-house support to employees on tech related issues
- Technical on-boarding and off-boarding of employees
- Training new hires on information security protocols
- Training existing employees on phishing scams and new threats
- Representing CB on information security calls with partners
- Completing infosec RFIs for Business Development
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, programming, or a related field.
- A strong background in information technology with a clear understanding of the challenges of information security.
- Experience with NIST cybersecurity standard compliance, scanning engines and analysis frameworks like Nessus or Qualys, Intrusion Detection Systems, and Intrusion Prevention Systems.
- Good knowledge of networking, routing, vlan configuration, and firewall configuration.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and fix security risks.
- 3 - 5 years of experience.
- Any of the following certifications would be preferred but not required: CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+, SSCP (IT Admin), CCSP (Cloud Security), or CISSP (Lead Architect).
Meet Some of CommonBond's Employees
Acquisition Marketing Analyst
Marco reports on business details to ramp up marketing efforts across the board. He helps the team get the most from its campaigns without breaking the bank.
Back to top