CommonBond is building a values-driven, customer-centric financial services company. Our mission is to change the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates, a state-of-the art technology platform, and caring customer service. We also are the only financial services company with a 1-for-1 social program: For every loan funded, we fund the education of a child in the developing world. CommonBond has been named to the World's 50 Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, the 50 Best Places to Work by Inc., and the Forbes Fintech 50. We are backed by great investors, have an awesome team, and are looking for our next great team member.
We are at an inflection point and are seeking great teammates who desire being both challenged and impactful. Essential to our growth is creating a robust financial department driven by meaningful quantitative analysis. The successful candidate will be vital to our growth and will be responsible for driving company decisions resulting from informed market and financial analysis.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Operational management of credit facilities and warehouse lending facilities
- Handle day-to-day funding functions, including delivery of loan tapes
- Management of reporting to warehouse funding partners
- Supporting and closing loan sales
- Conduct collateral credit analysis to support internal decision-making
- Prepare and reconcile collateral, financial, and servicer reporting
- Conduct internal data audits interacting with operations, risk and finance teams to insure accuracy
- Ensure management and investor reporting is timely, accurate, and complete
- Collaborate across departments including accounting, capital markets, finance and treasury to support financial infrastructure
- Liaise with banking institutions and third-party vendors when appropriate
- Other ad hoc projects and reporting, as necessary
- 2+ years of prior work experience within an accounting firm, investment or commercial bank in a highly analytical or reporting capacity; previous experience in asset backed securities, securitizations and/or banking operations a plus
- Strong data analysis and data querying skills within financial services or lending industry required
- Experience in data analysis, mapping, building queries, data extraction, manipulation and conversion, as well as experience working in data warehouses or databases
- Strong experience in Microsoft Excel required
- Strong quantitative and analytical capabilities
- Ability to work well in an extremely fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work well in a close knit, team oriented environment
- Bachelor’s degree with focus in accounting or finance preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top