Financial Aid Workshop Leader
Our Financial Aid Workshop Leader work with local high school students, teachers, and administrators to understand the impact that student loans, financial aid, and scholarships have on the higher education experience. The Workshop Leader conducts free, engaging discussions with students on a variety of topics, including: FAFSA, Award Letters, Scholarships, Personal Statements, Budgeting, and Leadership.
- Learn valuable professional communication and public speaking skills.
- Directly impact thousands of students in your community.
- Receive training on key topics to better understand our mission.
- Develop a national network of like-minded peers who are interested in pursuing careers in education, finance, business, marketing and/or communications.
- Facilitate in-class workshops at high schools in your community to pair students with Money Mentors.
- Build support for our mission of helping thousands of low to middle income students across the country by making information on the financial aid process more accessible and easier to understand.
- Help students make smarter financial decisions overall.
- Must be a current student (Undergrad, Graduate level) or recent graduate. You must have gone through the financial aid and student loan process before.
- Ability to work 7 to 10 hours per week in at least 2 hour blocks and attend monthly 30 minute trainings via Google Hangout.
- Any major can apply. Must have minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Target cities are: Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Diego
- Authorized to work legally in the United States.
- Advice and mentorship session with senior leaders at Money Mentor!
- Be featured in articles such Forbes, CNN Money, HuffPort and more!
- A clear career path with opportunity to develop new skills, gain higher pay and higher level positions.
- A free Money Mentor t-shirt!
This is a base plus performance role, meaning your compensation is based on the number of workshops you conduct and the results:
$20 base for 1st workshop at a school
$10 per additional workshop at that school IF there is less than an hour between presentations - Increased to $20 if there is over an hour between workshops
$2 per new student sign-up (150 sign ups = $300)
$10 per teacher referral - collect new teacher’s name, email or direct phone number (ex: extension, cell phone, etc.)
$20 per WL referral - once they complete their first workshop. $1 per signup using Buddy Code
Our most successful Workshop Leaders are enthusiastic, self-starters with a passion for helping others. They are campus leaders with a mission-driven mindset and excited about learning new skills with a national organization. Does this sound like you? Complete our short application to speak to a recruiter now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top