Enterprise Sales Director
CommonBond is building the leading values-driven, customer-centric financial services company and is looking for people who want to help our company grow. Our mission starts by tackling the broken student lending market and changing the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates for our borrowers, a state-of-the art technology platform, and high-touch customer service. Additionally, our 1-for-1 model is the first of its kind in financial services: for every degree fully funded on the CommonBond platform, we fund the education of a child in need for a full year through a partnership with Pencils of Promise. We are backed by great investors, have a killer team, and are growing rapidly!
The Enterprise Sales Director will drive borrower growth by creating partnerships with companies,organizations, and strategic partners. This individual contributor role will be based at CommonBond’s HQ in NYC. Ideal background in B2B sales, with focus on the corporate/enterprise market. Candidates require proven experience as a hunter: you see opportunity for partnership and go after it with a thoughtful and relentless approach. You are an exceptional communicator, analytical, and have a relentless, roll-up- your-sleeves attitude.
You possess the ability to develop a sales plan and execute against it with consistent determination. You are comfortable with the process of sales prospecting: identifying key decision makers at target accounts cold calling/prospecting, aggressively managing the activity levels that are required for success. You have a history of success because you simply find a way to make things happen. You have a bias for immediate action and an uncanny instinct for channeling it effectively. Tomorrow is too late; yesterday is always on time. You’re good at what you do, and you know it because the results are on your side. But you’re also humble, and you’re looking to focus your talents on something you believe in.
CommonBond is a fast-paced, exciting environment where new opportunities emerge every day, the Enterprise Sales Director will be an early hire on a growing team at an innovative company that is on the cusp of scale. You will be a core reason the company scales.
As the Enterprise Sales Director, you will develop partnerships with large enterprise employers who will leverage CommonBond’s suite of student loan benefits to help their employees better manage student loan debt. Our solutions are offered to employees as a voluntary benefit. Prior experience selling a solution into HR/Benefits leaders at large enterprise companies is a strong advantage. By incentivizing these organizations to tell their employees about CommonBond, we expect to be able to drive substantial borrower growth and corporate revenue this year.
- 7-10+ years of experience selling services or products to senior level HR and Benefits leaders at large enterprise companies
- Strong prospecting/hunting skills
- Ability to maintain consistently high levels of sales activity without management intervention; exceptional personal discipline
- Robust listening skills; consultative approach to understanding client needs
- Effective communication skills – you’re equally comfortable hopping on the phone with a new potential partner, meeting them in person, or following up on a previous lead
- You are confident, well-spoken, outgoing, and professional
- Roll-up- your-sleeves mentality – we’re a small team, everyone including our executive team gets their hands dirty to get stuff done
- Expert multi-tasking – you’ll be going after multiple opportunities every hour of every day. You will remain undaunted, organized and juggle these tasks without letting the ball drop
- Professional but not stuffy – we’re sharp and competent but also fun
- Team player – you want to be relied upon and you understand how others make your goals achievable
- Sense of urgency – you want to “go, move, make things happen, and shake things up!”
- Nimble – able to handle changing tasks and priorities and adapt quickly
- Supreme ability to organize yourself and your tasks, and manage your time
Meet Some of CommonBond's Employees
Acquisition Marketing Analyst
Marco reports on business details to ramp up marketing efforts across the board. He helps the team get the most from its campaigns without breaking the bank.
Back to top