Email Marketing Manager
CommonBond is building a values-driven, customer-centric financial services company. Our mission is to change the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates, a state-of-the art technology platform, and caring customer service. We also are the only financial services company with a 1-for-1 social promise: For every loan funded, we fund the education of a child in the developing world. CommonBond has been named to the World's 50 Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, the 50 Best Places to Work by Inc., and the Forbes Fintech 50. We are backed by great investors, have an awesome team, and are looking for our next great team member.
We are looking for an experienced, innovative marketer to manage email marketing activities across our lines of business. This person would possess a high level of responsibility, ownership and accountability to maintain the strength of the CommonBond brand through marketing campaigns.
In this role, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work across business lines and teams to organize marketing initiatives for CommonBond. This role would:
- Work cross-functionally with our Marketing, Creative, Care, and Product teams to plan and deliver campaigns through email
- Own the email calendar and oversee email marketing campaigns to drive revenue for each of our business lines
- Create and monitor lifecycle flows that support new member applications; onboarding; reengagement of abandoned applications
- Build out new triggered campaigns based on browser behavior and engagement
- Analyze the performance of all email marketing activities, lead the gathering of suggestions for improvement, and ensure improvements are moved into production as quickly as possible
- Structure and execute A/B tests around all key elements of email delivery to improve results
- Provide occasional QA/proofing support as needed
- Manage our email marketing software and lists
The ideal candidate for this role would have:
- 2+ years of experience in email marketing
- A proven track record of improving key business metrics through email marketing.
- Experience working with email marketing and CRM systems
- Experience working with product and engineering teams
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS coding preferred
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, and other analytics platforms (Heap, KISSmetrics, Mixpanel, etc.)
- Outstanding writing and communication skills, with excellent attention to detail
- A strong work ethic, keen prioritization skills and high standards for your work
- A roll-up-your-sleeves mentality: we’re a nimble, proactive team that is used to working collaboratively and creatively to achieve some really big things
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of CommonBond's Employees
CEO & Cofounder
David runs the CommonBond gamut, ensuring the team creates internal conditions and ideas that foster external success. He also helps launch new programs to build out the business.
Back to top