Director of Campus Relations
CommonBond is building the leading values-driven, customer-centric financial services company and is looking for people who want to help our company grow. Our mission starts by tackling the broken student lending market and changing the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates for our borrowers, a state-of-the art technology platform, and high-touch customer service. Additionally, our 1-for-1 model is the first of its kind in financial services: for every degree fully funded on the CommonBond platform, we fund the education of a child in need for a full year through a partnership with Pencils of Promise. We are backed by great investors, have a killer team, and are growing rapidly!
CommonBond is seeking a Director of Campus Relations to drive awareness among and partnerships with financial aid offices at 2,000+ not-for-profit universities and colleges across the U.S. We are bringing innovative solutions to market that enable borrowers to make better long-term financial decisions. You, and a team that you’ll hire, will provide these financial aid offices with information about CommonBond’s private student loan options that provide students and their families with a borrowing experience that is more affordable, more transparent, and easier to manage.
This role will be based at CommonBond’s HQ in NYC. Candidates must have experience in the student lending and/or financial aid industry. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, exceptional communicator with a “roll-up- your-sleeves” mentality.
The Campus Development Director will:
- Build and manage relationships with financial aid officers via phone, email, and in-person
- Identify key financial aid and higher education conferences to attend, create plans for our exhibition, collaborate with marketing on materials, create presentations, conduct outreach pre- and post-conference, attend and present to audiences at conferences
- Research, obtain, fill out, and submit RFPs for university lender lists
- Collaborate with marketing team on various initiatives including: collateral and materials for conferences, direct mail and email campaigns, website communications, while also informing the team of additional opportunities and drive those opportunities forward
- Hire and manage a high-performing, regionally-distributed team to provide maximum coverage of schools across the country
- Share feedback from financial aid officers and school administrators with student lending product team to guide product development
- 5+ years in the Financial Aid and/or Student Lending industries; experience in those industries within the past 5 years
- Relationship Development & Communication
- Demonstarted ability to engage with Financial Aid administrators in-person, over the phone, and through email
- Effectively communicates in formal and informational presentation settings: one-on-one, panels, career fairs - small and large groups; is effective both inside and outside the organization
- Project Management & Execution
- Successfully coordinate logistics (dates, travel arrangements, speaking slots), work with Marketing and Creative on booth and collateral, prepare speaking materials, and conduct outreach before and after conference
- RFPs - through signing up for associations, reviewing RFP websites, and conducting outreach, obtain RFPs, be able to fill out autonomously, manage to deadlines, and track results
- Goal Oriented
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Creates a team culture of high-performance for direct reports, communicates clear goals to team members and drives high accountability
Meet Some of CommonBond's Employees
CEO & Cofounder
David runs the CommonBond gamut, ensuring the team creates internal conditions and ideas that foster external success. He also helps launch new programs to build out the business.
Back to top