CommonBond is building the leading values-driven, customer-centric financial services company and is looking for people who want to help our company grow. Our mission starts by tackling the broken student lending market and changing the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates for our borrowers, a state-of-the art technology platform, and high-touch customer service. Additionally, our 1-for-1 model is the first of its kind in financial services: for every degree fully funded on the CommonBond platform, we fund the education of a child in need for a full year through a partnership with Pencils of Promise. We are backed by great investors, have a killer team, and are growing rapidly!
Creating a robust tech-powered organization is essential to our success and we are looking for someone who will help build and maintain the foundation that supports our infrastructure across all existing and growth avenues.
In joining our Software Engineering team, you can expect to have ownership over building new products, solving for challenges we face as a company, creating products that help people, and supporting an incredible social mission.
- Build and maintain development and production infrastructure to support continued product growth
- Maintain responsibility for system administration of virtual environments and development services in a cloud-based environment
- Effectively manage SQL databases including maintenance and configuration of system security admin controls, operating systems, and FDL and SSL data transmissions
- Oversee configuration and administration of Apache and Tomcat servers
- Manage operating production environment web servers
- Contribute to pertinent ad hoc projects including debugging code within a Java and PHP framework
- 3-5 years of experience working within a modern mobile/web-based environment
- System administration of virtual environments and development services in a cloud-based environment
- Deep knowledge of security configurations of operating systems
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash and Perl
- Exposure to SQL and Linux System administration
- Experience with Java, Elasticsearch, Redis, MYSQL
- Proficiency in building deployment using Jenkins and TeamCity
- Working knowledge of AWS Administration and Instance Management
- Exposure to hardware elements and its principals
Meet Some of CommonBond's Employees
Acquisition Marketing Analyst
Marco reports on business details to ramp up marketing efforts across the board. He helps the team get the most from its campaigns without breaking the bank.
Back to top