CommonBond is a fast-growing startup that is building the first values-driven, customer-centric financial services company and we’re looking for people that share our desire to achieve our lofty goals. We are beginning our mission by tackling the broken student lending market and changing the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates for our borrowers, a state-of-the art technology platform, and high touch customer service. Additionally, our 1 for 1 model is the first of its kind in financial services: for every degree fully funded on the CommonBond platform, we fund the education of a child abroad for year through a partnership with Pencils of Promise. We are backed by great investors, have a killer team, and are growing rapidly!
We are looking for a Creative Copywriter to join our Creative Department. You have a passion for language and are a strong conceptual thinker. You will be responsible for brainstorming creative concepts with the design, product, and marketing teams and developing original digital, social, and traditional advertising campaigns as well as language for marketing collateral. You are a strong communicator who can express your ideas clearly not just on the page (or screen), but also in presentations, brainstorm sessions, and pitches.
CommonBond has recently launched some innovative and exciting new products and we are looking for a copywriter who can create a distinctive voice for these products and for our brand.
A key responsibility for this role is to develop the CommonBond brand voice and copy style for the company and to provide guidelines across the organization on how to follow the proper tone/voice/personality to create on-brand collateral. You are not only a copywriter – you will be looked at as a creative thought leader in the organization. We are a small but very collaborative and fun team.
Ideally, we are looking for a copywriter who is coming from an ad agency or an in-house creative department. You will develop copy for cross-channel and/or direct-marketing initiatives across a variety of media, both online and print. Your copy will show the world that CommonBond is not only an authority in fintech and personal finance, but a company that values their borrowers, speaks to them in a colloquial manner, and knows how to have fun.
You will report to our in-house Creative Director but will work closely with our Marketing, UX, and Product Management teams.
- Develop/articulate and maintain CommonBond brand voice guidelines and copy style-guides to ensure consistency across all brand touch points.
- Collaborate with design to ensure the big ideas behind the brand are clear in both visuals and copy.
- Own and edit all site copy, including copy for and in response to user testing.
- Collaborate with the marketing team across a variety of channels: email and subject line testing, Facebook ads, display ads, social campaigns, branded events, milestones, and contests, print collateral and targeted content.
- Develop concepts and copy for brand collateral and print and outdoor campaigns.
- Work collaboratively with the product team to ensure the brand voice is maintained across the application.
- A minimum of 5 years in brand copywriting
- Energy, creativity, and an open mind
- The ability to balance an understanding of financial services with a desire to shake things up amidst a very traditional industry. We have built an incredible product and brand that means something to our borrowers – we now want our copy and creative to demonstrate that. The way that Oscar made health insurance fun, Casper made mattress shopping (and the culture of sleep) exciting, CommonBond wants to do the same for financial services
- Strong communication skills – you’re straightforward, you’re candid and, above all, you’re thoughtful and kind. We’re fast-paced here, but friendly. Everyone plays a key role in the growth of this company.
- Roll-up-your-sleeves mentality – we’re a small team, everyone including our executive team gets their hands dirty to get stuff done
- Expert multi-tasking – you don’t get rattled by having a number of urgent projects to manage at once. You will remain undaunted, organized and juggle these projects without letting the ball drop. You know how to ruthlessly prioritize your time.
- Team player – you want to be relied upon and you understand how others make your goals achievable
- Sense of urgency – you want to go, move, make things happen, and shake things up
- Bachelor’s degree
Meet Some of CommonBond's Employees
Acquisition Marketing Analyst
Marco reports on business details to ramp up marketing efforts across the board. He helps the team get the most from its campaigns without breaking the bank.
Back to top