CommonBond is building the leading values-driven, customer-centric financial services company and is looking for people who want to help our company grow. Our mission starts by tackling the broken student lending market and changing the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates for our borrowers, a state-of-the art technology platform, and high-touch customer service. Additionally, our 1-for-1 model is the first of its kind in financial services: for every degree fully funded on the CommonBond platform, we fund the education of a child in need for a full year through a partnership with Pencils of Promise. We are backed by great investors, have a killer team, and are growing rapidly!
CommonBond is seeking a Compliance Director to lead the development or implementation of compliance-related policies and procedures throughout an organization to create an environment for enhanced compliance and management oversight.
- Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed, including full company annual review.
- Assess product, compliance, or operational risks and develop risk management strategies.
- Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
- Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
- File appropriate quarterly and annual reports with regulatory agencies.
- Verify that software technology is in place to adequately provide oversight and monitoring in all required areas.
- Maintain documentation of compliance activities, such as complaints received or investigation outcomes.
- Consult with corporate attorneys as necessary to address difficult legal compliance issues.
- Collaborate with human resources departments to ensure the implementation of consistent disciplinary action strategies in cases of compliance standard violations.
- Provide employee training on compliance related topics, policies, or procedures.
- Provide assistance to internal or external auditors in compliance reviews.
- Keep informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on organizational processes.
- Design or implement improvements in communication, monitoring, or enforcement of compliance standards.
- Verify that all firm and regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, and communicated.
- Minimum of 6+ years of professional experience in compliance or a related field
- 2+ years of consumer finance experience
- NMLS licensing experience preferred
Meet Some of CommonBond's Employees
CEO & Cofounder
David runs the CommonBond gamut, ensuring the team creates internal conditions and ideas that foster external success. He also helps launch new programs to build out the business.
Back to top