Cash Operations Analyst
CommonBond is building a values-driven, customer-centric financial services company. Our mission is to change the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates, a state-of-the art technology platform, and caring customer service. We also are the only financial services company with a 1-for-1 social program: For every loan funded, we fund the education of a child in the developing world. CommonBond has been named to the World's 50 Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, the 50 Best Places to Work by Inc., and the Forbes Fintech 50. We are backed by great investors, have an awesome team, and are looking for our next great team member.
CommonBond is seeking to hire an Analyst on the Finance Team who will be vital to our growth and will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Cash Operations process area. Responsibilities include:
- Preparing and assessing collateral for daily advances from credit facilities; calculating borrowing amounts based on credit agreements; preparing and finalize loans for sales; calculating pay downs based on collateral releases.
- Managing daily funding and disbursements; releasing or stopping funds by operating and coordinating between several payment systems and banking platforms; utilizing remote deposits and lockbox services to process borrower refunds; generate disbursement forecast reports.
- Performing daily collateral reconciliation; reviewing and examining collateral reports from 3rd party vendor; ensuring all expected collateral has been serviced with correct current principal balances.
- Executing daily bank reconciliation; ensuring borrowing amounts from credit facilities were received; executing necessary transfers and wires to maintain proper funding and adequate cash position for various accounts.
- Assisting Controller and Accounting Director in reconciling a variety of cash transactions; collecting and generating necessary documentation and/statements to resolve any payment discrepancies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in treasury, cash management, or accounting in a lending company or financial services firm, with a track record of strong performance
- Proficiency in MS Excel, with advance or intermediate skills
- Analytical and organized
- Excellent problem-solving skills and communication skills
- Takes initiative and ownership
- Strong inter-personal skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top