Business Intelligence Analyst
CommonBond is an NYC-based student lender that helps lower the cost of your student loans. We’re innovators, creators, movers, shakers, numbers geeks, and finance freaks. We’re people just like you, who were frustrated by high rates and poor service that cost extra money and caused extra stress. We knew there had to be a better way. So we created one.
We are looking for an analytic self-starter to join our team as a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our Finance, Planning & Analysis team. In this role, you will support our Marketing, Business Development, and Operations functions (among others) by providing regular reporting that both gives visibility into key metrics to CommonBond and its partners, as well as data-driven insights that can drive positive business outcomes. This role consists of a mix of regular daily, weekly, monthly reporting as well as ad hoc analysis requested by cross-functional business leads.
The ideal candidate will be adept at building reports, sifting through data, automating where possible, and confidently communicating results to leadership within the organization as well as external partners. Examples of some of the responsibilities include:
- Reporting on daily/weekly/monthly KPIs across Marketing, Business Development, and Operations. This entails doing multiple exports from our database to create clear and concise insights that are shared within these teams as well as the entire company.
- Create and distribute reports to our affiliate and business development partners that bring new customers to CommonBond. Providing these partners with clear performance metrics is key to our ability to grow these partnerships.
- Foster relationships with business stakeholders across the company including Marketing, Business Development, Product and Customer Care, to establish business performance metrics and provide ad hoc analysis.
- Leverage different data sources such as Google Analytics, AdWords, our internal database, as well as other sources to provide insights to each business partner.
- Strong analytical skills – you are metrics driven, love excel, and enjoy crunching numbers. The efficacy of your efforts will be clearly reflected in the numbers and you love that. You enjoy peeling back the onion to get at the underlying answer to “why?” “Why did this ad perform?” “Why did this channel’s performance change week-over-week?” You enjoy getting the answers and have the skillset to get them fast.
- Effective communicator – in this role you will be providing reporting to key parties both inside the company as well as our business partners that offer CommonBond as a benefit to their constituents (employers, affiliate partners, and more). You will be comfortable emailing these partners and answering questions they have efficiently and professionally.
- Roll-up-your-sleeves mentality – we’re a small team, everyone including our executive team gets their hands dirty to get stuff done. This means you don’t get frustrated doing manual data pulls to assemble reports.
- Experience – you have a proven track record or you’re coming from a finance/consulting background where you’ve proven to be a top-tier data-driven problem solver.
- Hunger to Learn – you know what you know and know what you don’t know. You want to get experience, gain new skills, and learn from senior team members around you. You know that feedback is a gift and it will help you become a more effective marketer and team contributor.
- Expert multi-tasking – you don’t get rattled by having a number of urgent projects to manage at once. You will remain undaunted, organized, and juggle these projects without letting the ball drop. You know how to ruthlessly prioritize your time.
- Professional but not stuffy – we’re sharp and competent but also fun.
- Team player – you want to be relied upon and you understand how others make your goals achievable.
- Sense of urgency – you want to “go, move, make things happen, and shake things up!”
- Nimble – able to handle changing tasks and priorities and adapt quickly.
- Supreme ability to organize yourself and your tasks, and manage your time.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in a performance or highly data-driven role.
- Intermediate-Advanced Excel skills; SQL experience is a plus.
- Interested in personal finance and/or fintech.
- Bachelor’s degree and an objectively strong academic record.
Meet Some of CommonBond's Employees
Acquisition Marketing Analyst
Marco reports on business details to ramp up marketing efforts across the board. He helps the team get the most from its campaigns without breaking the bank.
Back to top