Business Development Manager
CommonBond is building the leading values-driven, customer-centric financial services company and is looking for people who want to help our company grow. Our mission starts by tackling the broken student lending market and changing the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates for our borrowers, a state-of-the art technology platform, and high-touch customer service. Additionally, our 1-for-1 model is the first of its kind in financial services: for every degree fully funded on the CommonBond platform, we fund the education of a child in need for a full year through a partnership with Pencils of Promise. We are backed by great investors, have a killer team, and are growing rapidly!
The Business Development Manager will drive borrower growth by creating partnerships with companies, organizations, and strategic partners. This individual contributor role will be based at CommonBond’s HQ in NYC. Candidates require proven experience as a hunter: you see opportunity for partnership and go after it with a thoughtful and relentless approach. You are an exceptional communicator, analytical, and have a relentless, roll-up- your-sleeves attitude.
You possess the ability to develop a sales plan and execute against it with consistent determination. You are comfortable with the process of sales prospecting: identifying key decision makers at target accounts cold calling/prospecting, aggressively managing the activity levels that are required for success. You have a history of success because you simply find a way to make things happen. You have a bias for immediate action and an uncanny instinct for channeling it effectively.
CommonBond is a fast-paced, exciting environment where new opportunities emerge every day, the Business Development Manager will be an early hire on a growing team at an innovative company that is on the cusp of scale. You will be a core reason the company scales.
- 1-3+ years of experience selling B2B services or products
- Strong prospecting/hunting skills
- Ability to maintain consistently high levels of sales activity without management intervention; exceptional personal discipline
- Robust listening skills; consultative approach to understanding client needs
- Effective communication skills – you’re equally comfortable hopping on the phone with a new potential partner, meeting them in person, or following up on a previous lead
- You are confident, well-spoken, outgoing, and professional
- Roll-up- your-sleeves mentality – we’re a small team, everyone including our executive team gets their hands dirty to get stuff done
- Expert multi-tasking – you’ll be going after multiple opportunities every hour of every day. You will remain undaunted, organized and juggle these tasks without letting the ball drop
- Professional but not stuffy – we’re sharp and competent but also fun
- Team player – you want to be relied upon and you understand how others make your goals achievable
- Sense of urgency – you want to “go, move, make things happen, and shake things up!”
- Nimble – able to handle changing tasks and priorities and adapt quickly
- Supreme ability to organize yourself and your tasks, and manage your time
Meet Some of CommonBond's Employees
CEO & Cofounder
David runs the CommonBond gamut, ensuring the team creates internal conditions and ideas that foster external success. He also helps launch new programs to build out the business.
Back to top