Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for planning and designing new software and web
applications. Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new
applications. Documents all development activity. Assists with
training non-technical personnel. Has in-depth experience, knowledge
and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities.
Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product andtechnical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications underdevelopment, and customizes current applications. Assists with the
software update process for existing applications, and roll-outs ofsoftware releases.
- Participates in training representatives and operations staff oninternally developed software applications.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements,including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical
manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviewsliterature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process andguidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques. Serves as
a guide and mentor for junior-level Software Development Engineers.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fitspecification and technical requirements.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts,skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, process designand redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and
technical choices to internal audiences.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, project managementskills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in mattersof significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to worknights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Back to top