Program Manager 2
Engineering and Platform Services helps drive the new generation of products that are transforming Comcast into a media and technology company. Engineering manages the operations for Comcast's industry-leading video, high-speed Internet and voice services for consumers and businesses, and runs a network that supports numerous multi-billion dollar businesses.
Comcast Platform Services includes four companies owned by Comcast, namely FreeWheel, STRATA, Visible World and thePlatform, plus the Comcast Wholesale, Advanced Advertising, and Advertising Technology organizations. These companies are creating next-generation technology for the fast-growing advanced advertising market. They enable and innovate solutions to support both traditional and emerging programmatic and premium advertising markets through our platforms, data, marketplace and sales channels.
Comcast is looking for a Program Manager 2 to help drive cross-functional sales in the Platform Services group of our Engineering and Platform Services team. Platform Services is focused on delivering next-generation technology for the fast-growing advanced advertising and content distribution markets.
The Program Manager 2 will be responsible for the program management activities and alignment for strategic sales efforts across advertising and distribution technologies and programs, coordinating among a wide range of cross-functional internal and external resources to ensure that sales programs are within the scope, within budget, and on schedule, with guidance from senior staff member(s). As Platform Services works to enable innovate solutions to support both traditional and emerging programmatic and premium advertising and content markets through our platforms, data, marketplace and sales channels, this person will serve as the program lead, responsible and accountable in the planning, development and delivery of new sales related programs, coordination and initiatives.
- Understands the scope of sales programs across different technology client types as defined by the product and business requirements and the budget process.
- Actively participates in the key planning of program milestones and drives alignment to these milestones.
- Works with senior staff members to identify and obtain participation from required cross-functional core team members across advertising and distribution technologies, including matrixed project managers.
- Maintains program plans and program record. Works with the core team and senior staff member(s) to identify and schedule all the work required to fulfill program scope, including identification and management of critical path tasks.
- Reviews program plans regularly with senior staff member(s) for conformance to program strategy and clearly communicates program status, including program risks and their mitigation strategies.
- Drives the development and implementation of key goals, objectives, and success criteria for the program. Ensures clear communication and alignment with stakeholder and delivery teams.
- Works with senior staff member(s) and core team to identify and analyze risks and issues.
- Tracks and manages the program schedule and task details included in the program plan. Ensures the program plan is reviewed and approved by SBI or a designated staff member, including changes to the plan as they occur. Analyzes the actual performance against the plan and makes adjustments consistent with plan objectives. Ensures program milestones are accomplished and ensures overall timelines are met. Documents all major plan changes in scope, approach, and date delivery.
- Communicates updates on major milestones and keeps all stakeholders informed of progress and issues. Works with senior staff members to manage proposed changes to program parameters and ensures appropriate processes and communications are followed. Escalates issues to designated team members for guidance and assistance on how to approach and resolve.
- Serve as liaison with Divisional and Regional market resources to prepare markets, system and resources for deployment.
- Monitors the quality of program deliverables and works with senior staff to ensure program objectives and success criteria are actively managed and achieved. Assists in the development and monitoring of deployment strategies and tools to support the implementation of programs in the field through trials and controlled customer deployments.
- Consistent exercise of independent and collaborative judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Delivers on commitments while demonstrating a high level of integrity and respect for all teammates and stakeholders.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Business, Engineering
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Back to top