Manager, Business Process Management
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Leads change to accounting and finance processes and systems on behalf of the Comcast Business Finance organization. Participates in design activities related to Comcast's Sales, Order and Billing platform for Mid-Market commercial customers. Facilitates design workshops, manages business requirements and lends subject matter specialization in accounting and finance. Leads multiple and simultaneous projects of varying complexity.
-Support the Sr. Director, Business Process Management on major business process transformation projects and system developments, driving change in a quickly evolving business unit.
-Lead workshops and requirements gathering sessions for finance, accounting, FP&A, tax and sales compensation SMEs and stakeholders.
-Refine requirements for revenue recognition, A/R, credit & collections, taxation, sales compensation, accounting & financial reporting business processes.
-Consult with business and technology SMEs to recommend functional designs that maximize efficiency and internal control.
-Facilitate and participate in test cycles, ensuring that all scenarios are identified and tested.
-Map existing finance and accounting processes and recommend solutions that work with changing systems and platforms.
-Provide subject matter specialization in revenue recognition, accounting and design of general ledger interfaces.
-Manage project plans and take responsibility for status, reporting and deliverables.
-Design and integrate business processes that take full advantage of system automation.
-Design internal controls to ensure compliance with company financial policies, accounting practices and adherence to the Company's SOX program standards.
-Coordinate and participate in program launches, ensuring that financial and operational issues are identified and resolved and that changes are implemented successfully.
-Manage team members and external consultants to ensure alignment of tasks and high-quality work product.
-Demonstrate high quality oral and written communication. Deal regularly with all levels of Company management.
-Maintain a continuous presence with business partners in the program to understand risks, issues and actions.
-Pursue continuous professional development through training, certifications and education.
-Actively participate in Comcast and other external community activities / service.
- Implements deployment readiness program for regional rollouts, including communications, UAT, and training support for call centers.
- Defines quality gates to ensure market readiness is in line with deployment milestones.
- Develops and defines methods and procedures for end user to address deploying technology and operational process changes.
- Reviews and updates Training Strategy to meet region specific needs.
- Defines a training plan to ensure business continuity.
- Reviews UAT testing strategy and updates to meet regional differences.
- Supports UAT readiness through the management of the market Readiness checklist. Creates UAT test plan, test cases, and scripts.
- Manages testing environment requests to include test accounts and required test data. Provides centralized defect management for on-site UAT and live trials, maintains the defect and issues log, and conducts daily defect reviews.
- Prepares and communicates daily testing status and defect reports. Manages daily testing status and defect tracking.
- Initiates metrics baseline and ongoing collection process in region. Escalates project issues and risks as appropriate.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Educational, experience, and skill requirements:
-Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Information Systems preferred.
-CPA preferred. Public or private accounting experience preferred.
-Minimum of 6 years progressively increasing responsibilities
-Minimum 2 years of experience in an audit, accounting or business controls environment.
-Experience with large-scale system developments or business process transformations preferred.
-Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with 2+ years of experience in analyzing data in support of issue identification and resolution.
-Excellent written and oral communications and presentation skills.
-Proven ability to develop strong working relationships.
-Strong planning and organization skills with proven ability to manage workstreams and lead the work of virtual teams.
-Able to manage virtual teams ranging in size from 4 -6.
-Strong PC skills and proficiency with Microsoft Suite.
-Approximately 10-20% travel (within the US).
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Back to top