Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for application, tool, automation and web development in a Dev Ops environment. Primary activities will include maintenance and expansion of existing tool set, new development and prototyping of proposed solutions. Other focus areas will be SaaS platform operations support, testing, and analytics UX support.
Utilizes best practices and clearly defined standards, methods, and procedures.Has in-depth experience, knowledge, skills in own discipline with a heavy emphasis on development and functions as a SME. Works independently, proactively seeks new initiatives, and acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Navigates and operates effectively in various organizational structures.
- Tools and application development for test automation and operational improvement using real world customer issues and system limitations as inputs
- Platform engineering and development spanning multiple systems through APIs
- Website and analytics development
- Partner with Operations and Platform leads to backlog user stories for optimum development efficiency in an agile manner
- Documents features and utilities for training of tiers
- Provides technical leadership and consultation with regards to practices, procedures and techniques.
- Maintain business operations and focus on improving customer experience
- Writes and executes tests to validate products and software applications.
- Collaborates with product and development teams to identify product and technical
- Reviews and verifies requirements and design specifications for validity in overall
product design, with an emphasis towards product testability and verification.
- Develops use cases and user experience flows with a solid understanding of different
users and their needs (Internal customers vs. external customers, residential vs.
business customers, etc.).
- Participates in design, code and functional product reviews.
- Works with other Quality Assurance Engineers or Software Engineers to identify, reproduce and develop solutions for bugs or defects.
- Leads project calls, defect triage, and proactive collaboration.
- Develops system diagrams and coordinates with other teams to manage test and
production environments in a distributed architecture.
- Supports trials of new infrastructure designs/services.
- Supports customer support and sales organizations as Tier 3 with a focus on resolving
issues with a sense of urgency.
- Troubleshoots PC, Mac, and application issues across an interconnected web
environment including authentication, SSO, and APIs.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and makes recommendations.
- Develops, tests, and maintains ops efficiency solutions, prototypes, and solutions
needed to support analytics/UX.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and
weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary. Travel as necessary.
- Assists in providing guidance and mentorship for junior-level Engineers.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science, Information Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
- Experience with dev/test/test automation tools (e.g. ALM/Quality Center, Selenium, Jira, QTP).
- Experience with web troubleshooting tools (e.g. Charles Proxy, SAML tracer, SOAP UI, JMeter).
- Experience with diagraming tools (e.g. Visio, Omnigraffle).
- Experience with load/performance testing. Experience with rapid prototyping.
- Experience with Agile and/or Kanban.
- Experience with mobile (i.e. Android/IOS) and Web/API development (e.g. PHP, Ruby, .net, HTML) a plus.
- Experience with authentication standards a plus (e.g. oauth, SAML).
- Experience with Ops intelligence tools a plus (e.g. Splunk).
- Experience with SaaS and cloud-enabled environments a plus.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Meet Some of Comcast's Employees
Director, Strategic Development
Working to launch to new startups on Comcast’s behalf, Greg is responsible for driving strategy and business leadership to deliver both delightful consumer experiences and strong financial results.
Back to top