Tool and Die Maker/Machinist - 1st Shift
- Lake Oswego, OR
United States of America
HOR32: Wilsonville, OR 27300 SW Parkway , Wilsonville, OR, 97070-9215 USA
The Tool and Die Maker/Machinist is responsible for programming, troubleshooting, and machining production units with tight tolerances. Ensure that all work is accomplished with high quality, in a timely fashion and is compliant with all company, city, state and federal regulations.
- Learn the machinist trade including: set-ups, inspections, blue print reading, and production processes.
- Set up machines to perform operations within its capability by positioning, aligning and securing work, utilizing and adapting appropriate tools.
- Ability to establish priorities of work.
- Demonstrate the analytical skills that are necessary for machine adjustments and performing the machining process.
- Access on-line scheduling system.
- Demonstrate proper use of inspection equipment including indicators, micrometers, calipers, and surface plates.
- Programming / troubleshooting and make decisions based on machinist qualities and steps
- Demonstrate accuracy precision with exceptionally tight tolerances
- Good communication skills
- Commanding knowledge of GD&T
- An AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a HS diploma, GED or AA/AS degree, 8 years of relevant experience is required OR a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 2 years of relevant experience.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Collins Aerospace will not offer sponsorship for this position.
- 8+ years of experience machining very high precision parts with tolerances in the tenths of a thousandth.
- VF6/4 experience.
- CMM using Calypso Software experience.
- Review engineering drawing for feasibility machining operations.
- Able to recommend solutions to complex machining needs.
- Creative repairs of damaged machined parts.
- Additive manufacturing experience is a plus.
- SAP skills
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry - all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top