Tolerance Analyst Subject Matter Expert
- Windsor Locks, CT
United States of America
01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Collins Aerospace is searching for a talented Tolerance Analysis Subject Matter Expert (TA SME) for our Windsor Locks, CT campus to perform detailed dimensional tolerance analysis (TA) and improve the GD&T understanding and skills company-wide, as a subject matter expert in tolerance analysis.
- The Tolerance Analysis Subject Matter Expert (TA SME) will perform detailed dimensional tolerance analysis (a.k.a. tolerance stack ups) of new and existing designs to calculate design margin & capability
- The main focus of this position will be using 1D, 2D, and 3D tolerance analysis methods and tools to evaluate design requirements and ensuring the requirements are properly defined in the Technical Data Package (TDP)
- The TA SME must be exceptionally skilled in the application and interpretation of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), preferably a certified Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Professional by ASME.
- TA SME will help develop and teach in-classroom, virtual and written training on the practical applications of Tolerance Analysis.
- TA SME will function at times without appreciable direction or supervision while exercising considerable latitude in determining the strategic objectives and methods of achieving that vision
- TA SME will also perform detailed drawing reviews and develop innovative and creative solutions to complex technical problems
- Minimum of six (6) years professional experience with at least five (5) years of established expertise in performing detailed Tolerance Analysis on complex mechanical designs
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of statistical tolerancing methods (e.g. Monte Carlo simulations, RSS, MRSS, etc)
- Knowledge in the application of GD&T principles (IAW ASME Y14.5-1994)
- ASME Certified GD&T Professional (GDTP per ASME Y14.5.2) or equivalent
- Knowledge or expertise of other revisions of ANSI/ASME Y14.5 (past and future) and other industry standards is a plus
- Proficiency with CAD modeling (prefer Pro/E or CREO)
- Proficiency with commercial tolerance analysis tools (prefer Siemens visVSA/mockup and ETA)
- Knowledge of fabrication processes, producibility enhancements, and inspection and validation methods
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience and confidence training and coaching others in Tolerance Analysis and GD&T, including the development of classroom and virtual training material
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal (classroom, strategy presentations) and written (technical writing for reports, specifications, presentations, etc. using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to lead teams on company-wide strategic initiatives to advance employees' TA and GD&T skills
- Experience in mechanical design across all part lifecycles
- ASME standard (e.g.Y14.5) committee membership or similar involvement
- Thorough understanding in the practical application of statistics
- Expertise in various Inspection and Validation methods and tools, especially gaging & CMMs
- At least five (5) years of established expertise in performing detailed Tolerance Analysis on complex mechanical designs
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
- This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with NASA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA's regulation SUBPART 1835.5 Drug- Free Workforce
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top