Test Tech III
- Fairfield, CA
United States of America
HCA09: Interiors (Propulation) -Fairf 3530 Branscombe Road, Fairfield, CA, 94533 USA
The Senior Test Technician , assembles and tests various explosive devices under minimal Supervision. The Senior Test Technician sets up and operates instrumentation, Data Acquisition, tooling, and Fixtures in accordance with documentation. Senior Test Techs utilize their job knowledge to perform special (R&D and Failure analysis) testing utilizing one of a kind set-ups. Must be 100%Safety Oriented. Senior Test Technician will attain Explosive Test Operator certification.
- Safely perform lot acceptance testing and production testing, e.g., cross-sectional analysis, detonation velocity, penetration and severance, tensile testing, sensitivity, reliability of transfer and general lot acceptance testing.
- Perform complicated or urgent production jobs as required, e.g., loading and assembling components of various explosive devices.
- Requires interpretation of information in the form of test work requests, Acceptance Test Procedures, manufacturing procedures, drawings, schematics, and verbal instructions from Engineers and Supervisors.
- Safely handle and initiate blasting caps and other energetic devices or materials.
- Ensure associated tooling, Fixtures, and Instrumentation, are in accordance with documentation for the process.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder
- High School Diploma or AA/AS degree or other 2-year post high school training with less than 2 years of relevant experience
- Two-year AS degree (technical) or military "A" school or equivalent.
- Five-Plusyears experience with ordnance products and/or test instrumentation/electronics.
- Ability to read and understand procedures; ability to prepare legible, accurate and complete data sheets.
- Must have good mechanical skills.
- Have knowledge of electronics and instrumentation.
- Familiarity with computerized data acquisition and data reduction.
- Frequent movement among buildings.
- Outdoor environmental working conditions.
- Overtime required occasionally meeting critical project schedules.
- Occasional heavy lifting up to 40 lbs.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top