System/Software Engineering Co-op (Summer/Fall 21)
- Cedar Rapids, IA
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Work on some of the most advanced military avionics in the world! You will be part of a multi-disciplinary group of designers developing products for domestic and international military customers for a variety of helicopters and platforms. Come join the team!
This software / systems co-op engineering position is in the Military Avionics Display department. Currently, this team supports platforms such as the CH-47, CH-53K, MH-65E and more. Expect to work on a wide variety of tasks that include (but are not limited to): developing real-time flight critical application software, performing hardware/software integration in the lab, designing / architecting new solutions to meet the needs of our customers and developing requirements and tests to validate the software.
Student engineers are provided a training plan and mentor to give you the tools and support you need to be successful.
The applications being developed would appeal to anyone interested in graphics, general communication protocol), hardware/software integration, software design, model-based development, or general computer logic design.
- Create, document, and test algorithms, control laws, models, and interface definitions.
- Analyze, document, and conduct verification/validation testing for systems, products or sub-systems, generally in one functional area.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) discipline.
- This position may require you to work in a restricted facility that requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence (Green Card).
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of C, C++, Ada, or Python
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to apply critical/strategic thinking
- Ability to work independently
- Customer focus
- Passion for aviation and/or aerospace
- Attention to detail
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top