Systems Engineering Intern - Air Combat Training (Summer 2021)
- Cedar Rapids, IA
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
The TTI Engineering Department develops state-of-the-art test and training range products for cryptographic, datalink, networking, and command and control applications. We specialize in the development of high quality, highly secure training solutions for the U.S. military, laying the foundation for Live Virtual Constructive (LVC) capabilities. TTI Engineering is responsible for all product line and engineering tasks related to the design, analysis, test and certification of Air Combat Training systems, maturing products from concept phase through accreditation and factory production.
Our Systems Teams are looking for a dynamic Systems Engineering Intern to provide technical excellence in a fast growing Air Combat Training market for system of system requirements, design, verification, accreditation, and sustainment. The opportunity will entail verification of system and subsystem requirements by creating and running functional tests in laboratory test facilities, utilizing a combination of simulations and in-the-loop subsystems. In addition, the candidate may assist in other elements of the system engineering process such as requirements analysis and capture, system/subsystem design, and software/hardware integration. Design & development responsibilities will span across the entire system including both ground and airborne subsystems, with a special emphasis on building a system of systems that contains multiple open standards based software applications.
- Conducts technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, and evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and other analyses.
- Collects data and performs standard analysis of data, identifying findings as appropriate.
- Conducts engineering processes using standard work, including verification and qualification procedures.
- Seeks to identify possible problems presented in applicable projects that may cause a delay or exceed budget. Contributes to finding appropriate solutions.
- Performs analysis at all levels of the total system product including concept, design, fabrication, modeling, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Considers and evaluates alternatives accounting for similar metrics.
- Manages configuration process, performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies,
- Requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs architectural exploration.
- Decomposes customer specifications and system level requirements into sub-system and piece part requirements, and generates verification criteria and plans for the requirements.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
- Adaptable to changes in assignments and responsibilities
- Time management skills - able to work unsupervised, multi-task, and collaborate with others across multiple disciplines
- Good organizational skills and the ability to manage individual tasks while balancing priorities and schedules
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work well with others in a professional team environment
- Motivated self-starter with good analytical skills
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top