- Sterling, VA
United States of America
HVA34: Sterling, VA 22640 Davis Dr , Sterling, VA, 20164-7104 USA
As part of a highly dynamic team of engineers, you will be asked to apply your knowledge in the following areas to a variety of products/applications that are relevant to both military and commercial industries:
- Dynamics and State Estimation (linear/nonlinear, navigation/PNT, cooperative PNT, distributed PNT, oscillator modelling)
- Guidance (path planning, swarm optimization, tactical maneuvering, dog-fighting)
- Control (Fixed Wing, VTOL, HVTOL, Rotorcraft)
- Perception (Classification, Identification, SLAM, Feature tracking, Automatic Target Recognition)
This role requires a focus on innovation & strong execution, as well as a deep theoretical understanding of estimation, control, guidance and perception theory.
This individual can work remotely or onsite at Collin's Sterling, VA location.
- Responsible for the development, prototyping, and verification of advanced algorithms that address current challenges faced in the areas of Guidance, Navigation and Control when operating in both uncontested and contested environments
- Support strategic Science and Technology (S&T) Program Pursuits.
- Support development of Technical Roadmaps
- Proficient in leading small teams of Engineers (Algorithm, Software, Hardware, Test) to quickly prove out advanced GNC concepts.
- Comfortable working in an environment that encourages "first principles" solutions to complex and challenging Physics problems.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
- The willingness and ability to travel 10% of the time
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
- Advanced degree (M.S or PhD) in a related discipline (Engineering, Physics, Math)
- A theoretical background in one or more of the following areas is required:
1) Dynamics and State Estimation (linear/nonlinear, navigation/PNT, cooperative PNT, distributed PNT, oscillator modeling)
2) Source Localization and Mapping (lidar, radar, imu, etc)
3) Experience working with GPS in both ground and air applications
4) Guidance (tactical maneuvering, relative maneuvering, multi-platform coordinated guidance)
5) Control (linear control, nonlinear control concepts, time-critical cooperative control)
- Knowledge of Machine Learning and AI concepts as they relate to perception systems, path planning, and decision making is desired.
- Experience in developing system level solutions that integrate multiple systems into a single offering is also desired.
- Empathy, curiosity, and desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for results.
- Ability to conceptualize, launch and plan the delivery of digital-enabled business change projects.
- Passion for technology, business, market trends and, most specifically, adding value to the industry.
- Possesses strategic, critical, and problem-solving thinking
- Interpersonal skills
- Expertise in innovation & the ability to think strategically about how to advance business-led solutions
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top