Supplier Quality Engineer
- Rome, NY
United States of America
HNY02: Engine Comp (Power) - Rome 104 Otis Street, Rome, NY, 13440 USA
This position is for a Seasoned Supplier Quality & Development professional. Works as an individual contributor to achieve objectives that have a significant impact on area of responsibility. May manage Supplier Quality & Development processes and / or projects. Uses experience and knowledge to influence supplier qualification / certification, assessment, monitoring, escape management, and quality issue resolution processes.
- Conducts supplier qualification / certification, assessment, monitoring, escape management, and quality issue resolution processes.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations on quality data and the development of part / supplier specific quality issue resolution and corrective actions.
- Provides research on and explanations of root cause analysis & problem solving (Red-X & D) in escape management procedures. Develops corrective and / or preventive actions for systemic process and product design problems for product provided by suppliers.
- Conducts processes and procedures for supplier qualification / certification, source inspection and material release processes, and Correction Action Boards / DQ Clinics with suppliers.
- Drives support for the UTC Supplier Gold program to ensure healthy continuous improvement and sustainability.
- Reviews processes and metrics and makes recommendations to ensure supplier is capable to meet all requirements for work transfer and process change management including Resourcing Gate and Production Part Approval Process (UPPAP) acceptance.
- Manages supplier quality issues through monitoring / escalation processes, escape management, processing of supplier submission of non-conforming material and supporting internal MRB processes.
- Initiates part specific quality issue resolution and corrective actions.
- Supports supplier qualification / certification.
- Manages source inspection and material release processes.
- Performs Escape management procedures, drives root cause analysis & problem solving (Red-X & 8D) and recommends corrective and preventive action for systemic process and product design problems for product provided by suppliers.
- Drives Corrective Action Boards/DQ Clinics with suppliers.
- Proactively supports the UTC Supplier Gold program to ensure healthy continuous improvement and sustainability.
- Analyzes quality data to identify systemic issues and develops supplier specific quality initiative strategies and addresses with key proactive quality tools (e.g. PFMEA, MSA, Process Flow and Control Plans, SPC, etc.), driving their implementation.
- Ensures that supplier is capable to meet all requirements for work transfer and process change management including Resourcing Gate and Production Part Approval Process (UPPAP) acceptance.
- Bachelor's degree (engineering preferred) and 5 years of relevant experience in quality and/or inspection OR
- Advance degree (engineering preferred) and 3 years of relevant experience in quality and/or inspection OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience in quality and/or inspection is required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Manufacturing industry
- Supplier Quality background
- Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA)
- ERP, SAP preferred
- Continuous improvement, i.e. ACE, Lean, Six Sigma
- Communicate with & assist suppliers with troubleshooting
- Managing in a Union environment
- First Article Inspection (FAI)
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top