Staff Systems Engineer/ Rail Cybersecurity Projects
- Annapolis, MD
United States of America
HMD31: Annapolis, MD 2551 Riva Road , Annapolis, MD, 21401-7435 USA
Raytheon Technologies is looking for a Staff Systems Engineer with a strong understanding Cybersecurity assessments, mitigating controls, and vulnerability management to focus on OT to drive the execution of project based design/build efforts. The position requires daily interaction with a growing team of intermediate to experienced engineers delivering solutions to nuclear, aviation, airline, rail, and other complex and critical infrastructures. The candidate will work primarily with the Surface Transportation and Critical Infrastructure (ST&CI) Division product managers, program managers, and engineering leads across multiple levels and Disciplines.
- Continuously improve the performance, agility, and innovation in the project through the consistent execution and improvement of process or procedures
- Perform cybersecurity driven vulnerability management and system hardening
- Perform system hardening per APTA, CIS, or NIST based assessment and control requirements
- Identify objectives, perform execution, and follow programs and processes to ensure work is accomplished in accordance with budget and organizational requirements
- Engagement in cybersecurity and engineering practices, solutions, and analysis
- Execute solutions through collaboration with cross-discipline engineering teams, including software, hardware, test, and systems
- Participate in multi-disciplined development of current and future solutions
- Collaborate with peers for knowledge management, information sharing, and consistency of engineering processes and solutions across the organization
- Perform requirements based analysis, produce design artifacts, execute build procedures, perform integration testing, and support system installation at customer facilities through the use of a Standard V-Model approach to Systems Engineering
- Execution of tasks on active projects and communication of task-related status and challenges
- Contribute to the development of engineering cost estimates and customer requirements
- Participate in direct customer communications with regard to program status
- Knowledge of engineering methodologies
- Experience in project-based work with requirements-driven deliverables
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Good presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of audiences
- CISSP/CEH or equivalent preferred
- Networking protocols and small to mid-sized network design
- Rail communications systems and terminology
- Network assessment application experience
- Secure software design fundamentals and practices
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
- Requires US citizenship or permanent residence (green card)
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top