Staff Systems Engineer - Mission Systems Autonomy
- Cedar Rapids, IA
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Staff Systems Engineer - Mission Systems Autonomy
The Mission Systems Engineering Autonomy & Mission Engineering Solutions Department (AMES) is seeking a dynamic Staff Systems Engineer within the Mission Systems Unmanned Solutions and Advanced Common Technology business area. The Unmanned Platform Systems team is responsible for supporting the development of emerging technologies and differentiators required to position Collins Aerospace for growth within the UAS market. This includes development, prototype, and subsequent demonstration of UAS systems and technologies such as autonomous systems and behaviors, advanced communications management, vehicle navigation and control, and other advanced system capabilities.
Additionally, this position will also participate in portfolio pursuit and order capture opportunities, leveraging existing Collins Aerospace software and hardware product baselines and development of new technologies to contribute to and create winning program proposals.
The successful candidate will be part of a distributed team composed of professionals from several disciplines and must have the ability to function well, both alone and with others, and have strong interpersonal skills. This position may require occasional travel (up to 10%.). Position requires that candidate has a final US DoD security clearance, or ability to obtain a final security clearance (US Citizenship is required) in order to access classified information.
- Have a passion for continuous improvement.
- Must be comfortable working in a partially defined environment with minimal constraints; flexible, adaptable, and embrace discovery and change. Creativity and alternative thinking to develop new or novel ideas to solve problems.
- Demonstrate systems engineering experience through all phases of system development including: program pursuit and capture, requirements capture and analysis, system architecture design, requirements allocation and traceability, system / subsystem integration, system verification, system validation and life-cycle product support.
- Able to demonstrate or rapidly develop an understanding of DoD open system architectures and protocols (FACE, JCA, HOST, OMS, SOSA, Joint Common Architecture, etc.)
- Interface with business development, program management, product-line engineers, hardware engineers, software engineers, and customers.
- Support development of system level proposals and participate on pursuit development strategy teams
- Leading and coordinating program level cost estimates during the bid and proposal cycle.
- Able to utilize or rapidly develop an understanding of industry standard Model Based Systems Engineering and design environment (NoMagic's Cameo tool suite)
- Perform the logical and systematic decomposition of system requirements and architectural definitions
- Utilize communications skills to articulate technical content to a variety of audiences
- Experience with estimating, tracking, and communicating cost and schedule in support of program earned value metrics.
- Prepare documentation, data, and presentation materials needed to support design reviews.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Final US DoD security clearance or ability to obtain a final security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
- Demonstrated systems engineering experience through all phases of system development including: program pursuit and capture, requirements capture and analysis, system architecture design, requirements allocation and traceability, system / subsystem integration, system verification, system validation and life-cycle product support.
- Demonstrated pursuit and order capture experience
A successful candidate will possess:
- Demonstrated experience using the Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, JAMA, ALM) as well as tools such as Subversion and Teamspace.
- Architectural experience with functional decomposition, operational process flow, hardware/software partitioning, and parametrics
- Experience with model validation and architectural trade spaces
- Experience with Agile development methodology is desired
- Software development experience with any high-level programming language is desired
- Unified Architecture Framework (UAF) modeling experience is desired
- Experience with systems/software modeling languages (SysML, UML, AADL, or equivalent)
- Demonstrated understanding of Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Experience with executing Research and Development / Science and Technology Programs, delivering new technologies to internal and external customers is desired.
- Experience working effectively in highly collaborative environments, a demonstrated ability to take ownership of tasks and lead technical efforts spanning multiple stakeholders, and be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization as well as customers.
- This position requires an individual that can perform with minimal direct supervisory support. As such the candidate must be highly motivated and a self-starter. The ability to coordinate several complex engineering activities while balancing priorities and schedules is a must.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace today, and every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top