Staff Systems Engineer - Ejection Seating
- Colorado Springs, CO
United States of America
HCO01: Interiors (Seats) - CO Springs 1275 N Newport Road, Colorado Springs, CO, 80916 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry - all to redefine aerospace. Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer. We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for executing all Systems Engineering related activities for the projects they are assigned too in alignment with the business's current procedures and practices. This will involve working cross-functionally with engineering, program management, operations and other functional groups throughout all phases of projects. This individual will be the systems engineering focal for the entire life-cycle of the project/program as assigned by the business. In addition, this individual will work with the existing Systems Engineers and others to enhance current Systems Engineering practices, processes and tools.
- Utilize robust Systems Engineering practices in support of projects assigned.
- Evaluate external and internal customer needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- In support of assigned projects; complete the Planning, Execution and Managing and Controlling activities.
- Systems engineer will also perform CAM job responsibilities will include managing the cost, schedule and technical scope for each assigned control account for a small set of project tasks. Possible tasks may include detail planning work scope into control accounts and work packages, providing schedule progress/status, assessing and updating ETC/EAC/VAC, reviewing and analyzing control account performance, addressing metric anomalies, identifying risks/opportunities, developing/managing plans to mitigating risks or harvest opportunities, and status Management on scope of work status and issues.
- Monitors the cost, effectiveness, and reliability of activities and recommend modifications to optimize resources, prioritize spending, and ensure that standards are met
- Manages work-processes, optimization methods, and risk management tools for large or complex projects.
- Complete the Requirements Collection, including developing them and managing them, along with the creation of the Requirements Compliance Matrix and the Requirements Verification Matrix.
- Support capture of project and product requirements in requirements database/ library (DOORS).
- Performs analysis at all levels of the total system product including concept, design, fabrication, modeling, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Support other engineering and project execution activities, as requested.
- The position requires strong interpersonal skills, high degree of comfort with ambiguity, good project discipline, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work independently.
- Interaction with customers, suppliers, and regulatory authorities is routinely required.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
- Minimum 5 years of product development experience of which at least 3 years must be in Systems Engineering
- Above average PC, data processing (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) skills
- Good understanding of fundamental System Engineering processes and tools
- Good understanding of requirements management processes (requirements capture, validation and management).
- Familiarity with DOORS
- The successful applicant must be willing to work beyond core hours, and weekends (when required); and regularly travel to support certification/qualification activities.
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. Person status is required
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Aerospace preferred) and seven years of prior relevant experience or other Bachelor of Science degrees and ten years of prior relevant experience may be considered based on practical experience
- Master of Science degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Aerospace preferred) and five years of prior relevant experience or o ther Master of Science degrees and eight years of prior relevant experience may be considered based on practical experience
- DOORS requirements management
- Aerospace product development engineering experience, especially within commercial aircraft interiors products
- Familiarity with CAD systems is essential and knowledge of NX is a plus.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top