Staff Software Engineer - Crypto, Waveform, Platform, BSP
- Cedar Rapids, IA
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Become an integral part of the Mission Systems Communications Organization! As a Staff Software Engineer in this organization, you will be involved in the development of state-of-the-art communications systems and implementing embedded software communications protocols in products for U.S. and international based customers. Our teams work collaboratively in an Agile focused development environment. We develop cutting edge technologies to support UAVs (airborne, submersible and decoys), fighter jets, aircraft carriers, ground vehicles, and weapons. Technical responsibilities for this software engineering position will primarily encompass working in a software role across multiple platforms and communications waveforms, to leverage existing code bases and contribute to key decision making for the successful development of applications across multiple product lines. Involvement in requirements definition, collaboration on software design, implementing software, unit test and software\hardware integration based on defined requirements and detailed design. This position is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. A comprehensive relocation package is available to qualified applicants.
- Collaborate with software and systems engineers to identify, communicate and capture architecturally significant decisions, requirements and technical risk areas that drive commonality among multiple products for competitive customer offerings
- Provide guidance on relevant technologies across company and industry practices and standards
- Solving complex software and systems problems
- Support and mentor engineering teams that are contributing to software design and implementation, software/hardware integration activities, and technical interchange reviews and meetings with internal and external customers
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- Software development and integration role experience on complex multi-threaded embedded C and C++ product software code bases.
- Experience with object-oriented analysis and design in C++
- Experience with standard full lifecycle software development practices and configuration management tools
- Strive to effectively communicate technical issues in a professional manner; both written and oral form.
- Knowledge and\or experience in communications systems and multi-threaded embedded application software engineering development and integration
- TDMA, mobile adhoc network (MANET) and waveform communication protocol experience is desirable such as TTNT, JPALS, UHF, VHF, MUOS and/or Link 16
- Software Communications Architecture (SCA is an open architecture framework) experience is desirable
- UAV / UAM command and control experience
- Be comfortable working in a Linux development environment; experience with using mutexes, semaphores, queues, inter-process communication, and interrupt service routines beneficial; experience with hypervisors and software containerization beneficial
- Desire to successfully work in a team environment, establishing collaborative relationships with coworkers in person and through technology; experience working on an Agile team desirable
- Strive to consistently produce superior results, keeping project milestones on schedule and contributing to a positive work environment
- IP networking and networking protocol experience is desirable
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as python, java script and perl
- Unified Modeling Language (UML)
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top