ATC Ireland seeks candidates with expertise in software engineering and/or embedded systems with a focus on trusted computing for cyber-security requirements to join our Systems Analysis & Assurance group in Cork, Ireland.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong mix of academic background and applied experience in the design and development of research prototypes of emerging cyber-security solutions based on Trusted Platform Modules (TPM) and Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) , secure software development, blockchain applications and monitoring, and a passion for applying these skills within the aerospace domain.
This is a research-focused role. Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate outstanding track records applicable to one or more of:
- Design, analysis, simulation, development and/or verification of cyber-security solutions in the broad ICT domain with a focus on embedded systems
- Secure software design cycle using model-based tools and methods for system resilience and security properties
- Threat modelling and risk assessment in all-system security
Knowledge of secure software development practices employing cryptographic solutions is preferred but not required.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Contribute to a growing research agenda for future aerospace systems within the Collins Aerospace Advanced Technology research community.
- Execute R&D activities within an international research community, including technology development within collaborative EU research projects (under e.g. Horizon Europe, Clean Sky, ECSEL).
- Provide competitive advantage for Collins Aerospace business units as part of a multidisciplinary and international team of experts.
- Contribute towards technical strategy and business development.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Motivated self-starter with a strong enthusiasm to learn and passion for speed and agility.
- Well-organized and has excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills to work in international teams.
- Willing to champion and challenge new technical ideas.
- Able to adapt to new challenges and go beyond the original field of expertise.
- Able to partner with universities, government agencies, national labs, and professional organizations to meet organizational objectives within time and budget constraints.
Education & Experience
- A PhD in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, with a few years of industrial or academic experience, or a Master's degree with significant experience of industry or academia.