Staff Mechanical Engineer - Technology Development
- Rockford, IL
United States of America
A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
This position is for an experienced Engineer to support current and future aircraft emergency power technologies. Executes elements of product development activities and testing. Responsible for enhancing commonality and optimization of product and components.
- Design and development of emergency power systems for aerospace applications, which may include current technologies such as ram air turbines (RATs), or potential alternative technologies such as batteries or fuel cells.
- Aircraft system architecture optimization including electric power technology advancement.
- Hardware analysis, manufacturing support, design engineering, and development/qualification testing for subsystems that may include the following components: air driven self-governing turbines, gearboxes, hydraulic pumps, linear hydraulic actuators, batteries, fuel cells, and associated support systems.
- Integration of the mechanical components into an emergency power system that produces hydraulic or electric power for the aircraft.
- Investigate electro-mechanical and hydro-mechanical hardware failures to determine the root cause.
- Provide product support engineering for the mechanical designs of legacy and current production products.
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder
- Experience in power systems for vehicle applications (aircraft preferred)
- Experience with the application of advanced battery or fuel cell technology
- Experience in mechanical hardware design/analysis and associated tools
- Experience resolving hardware manufacturing and test related issues
- Experience in performing product and component development and qualification testing, including performance and environmental
- Understanding of electric machines and rotating mechanical hardware construction
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top