Staff Mechanical Engineer - Power Electronics Packaging
- Rockford, IL
United States of America
A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
The Staff Mechanical Engineer - Mechanical Packaging of Power Electronics will perform engineering work specific to Mechanical Packaging of Power Electronics, including energy-efficient, light-weight and affordable components in conjunction with strategic component placement for power systems. This work requires experience in mechanical design and analysis of electronic systems, electronic packaging, Printed Wiring Boards (PWB), Circuit Card Assemblies (CCAs) and/or mechanical enclosures, knowledge and application of design systems and structures, formal design reviews, and release of associated drawings through the release process.
- Application of mechanical design principles to assess and resolve product and process issues throughout the product life cycle (design, test, and production).
- Lead specific technical assignments during investigation, design, or tests that require analysis and evaluation, selection and application of engineering principles, theories, and techniques.
- Develop energy-efficient, light-weight and affordable power electronic components for power systems.
- Participate in the investigation, development, and testing of product where overall operational, space, functional, and similar design requirements have been specified. Design or select available designs to meet requirements.
- Generate, review and update the technical content of drawings, engineering specifications, reports, and other documents associated with the engineering process.
- Engage in troubleshooting issues on the manufacturing floor and lead fleet failure investigations.
- Give technical directions and instruction in the form of assignment objectives, alternative approaches and solutions to junior engineering personnel and/or contract laborers.
- Instruct and/or direct the work of technicians as assigned.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience in mechanical design or analysis of electronic systems, electronic packaging, Printed Wiring Boards (PWB), Circuit Card Assemblies (CCAs) and/or mechanical enclosures
- Strong understanding of mechanical engineering principles, materials, mechanics and heat transfer
- Knowledge in environmental, reliability, and safety requirements
- Ability to read schematics
- Ability to mentor and provide technical guidance to junior engineering
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top