Staff Engineer /Project Engineer
- Rockford, IL
United States of America
A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
This position is a Senior Project Engineering professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise. Develops small to mid-size product plans and budgets, performs critical analysis, pursues all cost saving opportunities to maximize project profitability, and monitors project performance. Identifies and reacts to project problems and recommends solutions.
- Develops project plans, schedules, and budgets for small to mid-size projects and suggests appropriate adjustments to ensure adherence to the established project plan, schedule, and budget.
- Records and documents delay, changes in scope, and any other incidents that impact the scope of work or schedule to ensure smooth project operations.
- Pursues all cost saving opportunities to maximize project profitability.
- Performs critical path analysis and prepares and implements work-around plans to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Conducts meetings, consolidates, and presents plans and progress reports relating to business aspects of the project(s).
- Identifies and reacts to project problems and recommends solutions, such as reallocating resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion.
- Oversees and coordinates the administrative and operational aspects of ongoing projects within program guidelines.
- Liaises between project management and planning, project teams, and line management.
- Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Reviews project and budget status, manages schedules and prepares reports.
- Monitors and assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Represents Collins as the primary customer contact for projects.
- Directs the work of employees assigned on projects in technical manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
- Meets program schedules and budgets and maintains the integrated master schedules for project(s).
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 3 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
Must be a U.S. Citizen
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in science, technology, engineering or mathematics is preferred.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top